chapter 4~ i trust you

Lauren pov:

"Thank you Matt." I said after he got done wrapping both my ankle and wrist.
"oh you're welcome! Just take it easy, and take some Tylenol for your pain. I can find you some."
" will do." I said as I got up but was stopped.
" wait can I talk to you real quick?" He said quickly.
" uh yeah sure what's up?" I asked sitting back down.

" I know everything is new to you about gangs and everything, it can be scary- weird, annoying... but Jason is really protecting you, he really cares about you, all I'm asking is listen to him because he would be a fucking wreck if you got hurt on his account, so will you just like ease up on him?" Matt asked looking straight into my eyes.
"umm yeah." I said shortly then got up and limped on my ankle.
"We all just want what's best for you. You can trust us."
If I hear that one more time...
"Thanks Matt." I went to walk away again.
" we have crutches, do you want a pair?" Matt asked kindly.
" I'm okay to walk." I limped upstairs very slowly and headed towards my room. Before going in I saw Jason in his room and I limped to his door and knocked.

" hey can I come in?" I asked.
" yeah yeah come in." Jason opened the door to a huge master bedroom. I think my house was the size of this room, maybe smaller.
" how do you feel?" Jason asked.
" Matt wrapped everything up and gave me pain meds." I sat on the edge of Jason's bed.
"good I hope you can get better soon." Jason said concerned while he zipped his suite case up.
" um Jason." I spoke up.

" yeah?" He turned around.
" uhh where are we going?" I said uncomfortably.
" for this week just me and you have to go to my house in Miami, then once red hawk has no suspicion you're with us we are going to my brothers house in LA till we take out red hawk."
My heart sank. Miami? Then LA? With a stranger? With a dangerous stranger? Get it together Lauren. Get it together.

I thought to myself for a second. If he's seriously is as dangerous as I think he is, why hasn't he killed me yet? Don't these type of people kill their victims like right away? Maybe that's why he's bringing me to a different state? He's going to kill me there? But then why would he add his brothers place if-
"Hey?" Jason snapped me out of my thoughts.
" are you good?"
"Yeah." I cleared my throat. "Um.. is there anything I have to do?" I asked hoping there wasn't anything.

"Well there actually is something you can help with."
I raised my eyebrows.
"Okay...?"
"If we are in public, or if red hawk comes around... I know this will kill you inside, but you have to act like you like me, or at least act not scared of me. If people find suspicion then they will follow and report."
I nodded my head.
"Remember I said there is nothing to be worried about with me, I won't hurt you." Jason stepped closer to me looking me right into the eyes and this time I actually believed him. He has a little gloss to his eyes, it brought an odd sense of peace to me. For a moment I actually felt safe.

" okay. I trust you." I spoke out and Jason's eyes widened.
" good, you should." Jason said stepping back from me and going into his bathroom and taking a bookbag out with stuff in it.
" should I start packing?... oh wait I don't have any of my stuff." I asked starting to get up.
" Ariana and Jessica said they would do it for you, there's some clothes and stuff in there that should fit you. Matt told you to keep it easy right?" Jason said zipping his backpack up.
" yeah." I looked down, I was actually a little bored. I didn't have my phone on me, no books to read. In a completely foreign place.
" then just take it easy. I'll do anything you need me to do, but right now we should get heading out... We have a long drive." Jason said opening his door.
" alright." I got up from the bed and felt Jasons hand to help me walk since I had to '' take it easy''.

It was about 10:30 a.m and Jason was ready to go.
" alright I'll see you guys in 2 weeks, fredo come here for a quick second." Jason says opening the door and I walked out. " where are you going?" Jason grinned.
" I'm running away." I said as I sat on the chair on the porch.