Chapter Nineteen. OH MOTHER!

ADVENTURE BY K

        ADVENTURE BY K.R.W

I didn't want to give any of the characters real images so that you guys could imagine what they look like on your own based on the descriptions I've given, but some chapters will require me to add images to make sense of certain conversations or paint a clearer picture of a point I'm trying to make.

P. S. None of the images used in this story belongs to me. There are just some random pictures I found on Pinterest.

Hunter's POV.

Procrastination has never done mankind any good before and it certainly isn't doing Hunter any good right now as he keeps changing his mind about when to give out his sister's old stuff for charity.

He promised his sister that he would never forget her, that he would start living a better and happier life. And he has realized that, for that to happen he would need to start by letting some of her old stuff go. At least, that's what he had told himself but he hasn't gotten around to do it.

But that's gonna change today because he's already in the storage-like room sorting out things that were still good enough for another person to use. His sister was a collector of many things, so it',s not a surprise for him to go through boxes and boxes of strange-looking objects owned by her.

Stopping in front of a strange colored box that looks smaller than others but has her initials on it just like the rest of the other boxes.

He picks up a particular drawing with the word adventure inscribed on it. He'd seen his kid sister go crazy over all kinds of things but never art. Did she at one point got into art and he was not aware of it!

That question, however; answered itself the moment he saw K.R.W writing on the opposite side of the painting. It all makes sense now! This box doesn't belong to his sister, it was his aunt's. This drawing must've been made by her. He used to watch her draw, paint, and sketch just about anything as a child and she would always leave her initials on all her works.

Smiling fondly, he gently set the drawing aside while investigating other stuff in the box. The box is filled with various items, from rusty old maps to creepy-looking figurines, canvas, paintbrushes,  sketches she never got to finish, and what seems to be her journal?

The journal has Kayla Rainbow Witkins writing on the cover instead of her usual initials. The last name brings a smile to Hunter's face, with memories of his grandfather. His grandpa Witkins was a strong devoted believer of the gospel. He was born in the early '50s, to a Christian couple. It was hard to be a Christian at that time, at least that's what his grandpa had said. His great grandparents didn't care what the odds were though, they stood strong with faith and were able to overcome all obstacles and temptation against them.