Chapter Twenty Seven : Last goodbye

Rainbow's POV.

               --Two months later--
"I hate you for giving up on us, for hurting me, for making me cry, for leaving me, for not being there when i needed you most, for everything you did to me, for ruining what we had, for making me trust you when you knew you were just gonna break that trust. I hate you for making me love you so much. mostly, i hate you for making me a fool because i still love you despite everything you put me through." He opens his mouth to say something but i hold up a finger telling him to keep quite.

Two years of courtship, five years of marriage, and seven years later i'm still head over heels for this man. This man has shown me both heaven and hell on earth, yet i can't help but feel like i never got to see the real him because he was playing a role of a happy and successful man while we were together.

Cleaning tear drops from my face while looking at him i continue. "I'm sorry for everything that happened to you, and I'm so sorry that i didn't do enough as your friend and wife to make you trust me enough to share your pains. I'm sorry for not noticing how much pain and struggle you were in. I wish I'd done more to help you in some way, for that I'm really, really sorry.'' Two months! That's how long i had to beg him by sending series of messages through Aaron before he agreed to meet with me.

"I'll never forget the way you used to look at me that made me feel so special. All the words you said to me that melted my heart, and the way you used to put me before everything else. But also, I'll never forget the way you tore me apart, the way you treated me like i didn't matter. I'm not even sure which is worse, the fact that you destroyed me completely or the fact that i thought you never would." Gosh! This is hard! Wiping the tears rushing down my cheeks with both hands while sniffing loudly.

I was up all night after Aaron told me he'd agreed to meet with me today, thinking of what to say to him just so he could hurt as much as I'm hurting. But looking at him this moment, i kinda feel sorry for him. He looks like he hadn't slept in months.

After two months of having everyone try to talk him out of his decision about the divorce and him refusing every attempts to work on our marriage, I've also had enough time to reflect on some things and i think its high time we both go our separate ways. So I'm here to say my piece and move on with my life for good this time.

"I decided to sign the divorce papers like you asked, i guess you already know that right? I feel insulted that you sent someone to inform me about our divorce you know? Like many other times in our marriage, you  decided we should get a divorce all on your own. But that's alright though, because i think you made the right decision this time. So before you decide never to see me again, i need to say my goodbye in person." Tears have started rolling down his cheeks at my words, finally! some reaction. Good! That means he can hear me.

"I want to thank you for the memories you have given me, for the joy you brought me. I want to thank you for letting me into your life and getting to know you, even though i have no idea who you really are. I want to thank you for the change you brought into my life from the moment we met, for the lessons you have taught me, for the hope you gave me even though it was false. I want to thank you for the love, happiness, pain, heartache and emotional hell i have felt. For the period of time you made me feel like i was flying, for the times i would fall to the ground crying, clutching my chest as i feel myself cracking into tiny pieces. For the times i thought i knew the story, for the times i thought i knew how to handle things and the times i found out i was wrong. I thank you for the time you spent with me, the times and hours i layed awake at night crying because of you. The infinite hours of my heart consumed with thoughts of you. For breaking me piece by piece, for the hard truths I've learned, for the strength I've gained. And most of all, forgiveness that was never asked for, forgiveness i owe myself for everything i didn't know. I know you can never ask of such thing from me. So as i say goodbye to you now, i want you to know that i forgive you."

                      The End.

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I'm just kidding, of course i can't end this story like this. But we are almost at the end, two or three more chapters and we will be done with this story.

For those of you who are not aware, I've published my other book titled 'Redemption' and I'm also working on new chapters to update. Please check it out when you can.🙏🙏

Stay safe, be kind to one another.❤