Chpater Twenty Nine: Heroes Of Our Time(part2)

Benjamin's POV.

--Three hours later--

Its been five whole years, and after everything that has happened i'm
finally ready to start living a meaningful and purposeful life.

The first three years after i divorced Rainbow were extremely hard. Firstly, i was admitted into a psychiatric institution because I'd shown signs of PTSD, it took a lot of effort on my part before i agreed to any form of treatment they proposed even though it became very clear that i had no choice in the matter.

So after two long years of psychotherapy i was declared sane enough and was discharged from the mental institution because the voices in my head were finally gone, but i took up drinking almost immediately because with the voices now gone it meant i could think clearly and i just couldn't handle reality as it is.

Drinking made everything worst of course! I'd signed the law firm over to Aaron before going into the mental institution and after i got out, that did not feel like a passion i wanted to pursue anymore. Heck! I didn't even know what i wanted to do with my life at the time.

I drank my way through the third year before deciding to go into rehab, but i kept relapsing. I just couldn't do it. Every time it felt like i was getting better, i would relapse again and i was depressed by that.

Rainbow was very adamant about seeing me especially after she found out from Aaron that I'd been admitted in a mental institution, and i refused her request every single time. I wanted her to be free of me from the moment I'd asked her to sign the divorce papers and i didn't want to rope her back into my miserable life by seeing her again, because i knew one look at her would have broken my resolve. But she never stopped asking after me even after i left the mental institution.

I battled with depression for two years, i was very aware of how dangerous it had become when i started contemplating suicide and that scared me. So i did what any sane person would do, i told Aaron about it. He freaked out of course, and like always he told Rainbow about it and she wanted to be there for me but i couldn't let her put her life on hold because of me again.

I was very determined to get well so that she wouldn't have to worry about me ever again, especially after i found out she was now running a very big charity foundation. So i checked myself into a rehabilitation center for depressed persons, and a year later I'm finally clean and ready to move out of this place and just go wherever the wind takes me.

So as i'm standing in front of the rehab center with my duffle bag slang over my shoulder staring at the beautiful sky, i wonder how I've never really taken the time to appreciate the finer things in life.

"You're a very hard man to find, Mr Williams." A female voice said from behind and i didn't need to turn before knowing who it was as i replied.

"You on the other hand seems to be everywhere, Miss Witkins." I made a hand gesture to a patriot of her, placed directly after the founder of this rehab center and she blush shyly before saying.

"I didn't have anything to do with that, i swear." Chuckling at her expression, i told her it was okay. I knew from the very moment i checked into this place that she was a major benefactor to the rehab, and that's exactly why i did it because i knew she wouldn't look for me in a place like this. She would think i wouldn't go to a place she's involved with.