Work

"Have a nice day!" You bid farewell as you assist your customers by opening the door. 

"Waitress! Can I have another coffee please?!" A customer yelled as you nodded and swiftly make your way towards the counter.

"An espresso and latte for table 10, Y/n!" Your coworker, Mathew yelled as he places the two hot coffees onto the tray for you to serve. You thanked Mathew before giving him the other orders as he nodded and shifted back to his work. 

"Here's your order enjoy!" You said as you carefully place the hot beverages on the designated tables.

It was another busy working day for you. You work as a waitress in a cafe which was across the busy shopping street in Myeongdong. Oh did I mention, a pet cafe to be precise. 

It was 4 in the evening and you had another one hour shift left to go before you head home. You clean the tables that were near the big glass frame showing the outside scenery of the hectic street. 

While you were in the middle of wiping the tables, you heard a soft tap on the windows near you. Startled, you look out and saw it was none other than your dorky boyfriend, Lee Jangjun outside. The moment he saw, he was so overwhelmed that he started doing his happy dance and showing off his aegyo. You chuckled at his energy and weird vibes that you stick your tongue out at him playfully. He acted hurt as he fakes a sob and pretends to be hurt.

"Y/N!!" You heard Mathew calling your name at the bar with another order and you quickly yelled back and left Jangjun outside alone. He was early today so he thought maybe he would come to visit your workplace and bring you home after your shift ends.

He entered the cafe and you greeted the customer as usual. You both exchange a glance and smiled at each other before you make your way towards him. 

"Are you still busy?" Jangjun asked as he places his hand around your waist.

"I have another hour before my shift ends so do you need anything? Refreshments?" You asked. 

"Maybe a cappuccino wouldn't hurt, babe." He said as you showed him an empty seat near the pet area. You know Jangjun is an animal lover so he'll probably end up playing with the pets if he's bored. 

"I'll be back with your order soon." You said as you walked to Mathew and order your boyfriend's order.

"I see your boyfriend is here." Mathew smirked as you just rolled your eyes at his playfulness. 

"Oh yeah. Do you mind clearing up the shop for me? I need to go make a few deliveries after we close the shop. You can just clean up and feed the animals before locking the front door. I'll come in through the back." Mathew asked as you nodded with no biggy. Mathew practically lives above his cafe a few floors. 

Soon an hour passed and your shift ended. You flip the signboard showing a 'closed' and you went outside cleaning the tables and closing the parasol umbrellas. You cleared the front counter and behind the bars, take out the trash, and went to mop the dirty floor. After that, you arranged the tables and chairs before admiring the job you've done. 

One last step before you can head home was to feed the animals. You make your way towards the pet area and you saw your boyfriend napping in the middle of the area while the other pets either slept next to him or was licking his face or was chewing his shoe.

You awed at the sight of him as you grab your phone from your pocket to take this precious moment. Once you're done, you intend to wake him up.

"Jangjunie?! Yah wake up!" You said as you rocked him back and forth and even hit his stomach, making him grown in pain.

"Oww...Oh! You're done?! How long was I asleep?!" He said with his eyes half-opened as you glance at your watch.

"Sorry, Jangjun. I stayed back to do a tiny favor from Mathew and its been like another hour passed." You apologized. Well, your boyfriend has been waiting for you for about 2 hours now and you literally forgot about him when your shift ended an hour ago.

"What... that was long. Did you forget about me already?" He smiled as he pulled you towards him, causing you to crash on his chest and on top of him. You blushed cause there was clearly a small gap between you two while you both were staring at each other's gaze. The pets in the background weren't much of a help since they were practically on you both. 

"Jangjun, let me feed the pets, and then we can go home together." You muttered and he smiled as he kissed your forehead.

"As you wish!" 

||