Future Timeline

(Read the previous chapter -'Wrong Timeline' to know what sherlock I'm writing)

"Rena, have you seen Jangjun?" You asked the maiden who was busy in the hall room.

"Sir Jangjun? I think I've seen him in the garden this morning, your highness." The maiden said as you thanked her and make your way towards the garden.

It's been 2 months now since Jangjun has stumbled into your life but you were as busy as always with the royal affairs and now the king had added another burden for you to take care of the mysterious bachelor. Life couldn't get any better for you but you were at least happy that you had some company in the palace besides your siblings and the maidens here.

You were supposed to keep an eye out on Jangjun but now you had to look for the poor boy yourself. 

As you've reached the garden, you saw a familiar figure standing under a peach tree. His head tilting upwards as he stares at the peach fruits bearing on it.

"Jangjun-ah!!" You called and Jangjun snapped back into reality as he turns to your direction.

"I've been looking all over for you. Were you here this entire time?" You asked as you stood next to him with your arms crossed. Jangjun looked down with his hands scratching the back of his neck as he mutters an apology.

"What's wrong with the tree?" You questioned as you gaze at the tall tree in front of you.

As if he didn't know the reason, he just continued gazing at the peach tree.

"It's just... It's been 2 whole months since I'm here... and I'm starting to wonder when will I ever go back." Jangjun explained as he lets out a sigh.

Ever since Jangjun stayed in the palace, you were always teaching him the customs and traditions here for him to adapt. It was a bit complicated at first but he is getting the hang of it. He was charming in your opinion but sometimes you can see the tinge of sadness in his eyes that screams for him to be back home.

"Do you... perhaps remember how you got here?" You asked despite not totally believing the whole fact that this boy kept saying he is from the future in the year 2020 when you are currently living in the year 1300. Do horses fly in the future? You thought.

Again to his dismay, he shooked his head in defeat. He can't remember how he got here in the first place. 

"Haven't really figure out yet, princess." He sighed as he forced out a weak smile. Within the two months that you spend with Jangjun, you were beginning to develop a soft spot for him despite not knowing who he is and where he is from. You just wished for him to be happy and returned to wherever he came from. 

"As the princess of the Goryeo dynasty, it is your duty to be wedded off to another prince to reinforce our nations."

You shooked your head violently as you remembered your oldest brother's words. 

'Marriage...' You thought. You weren't against the fact of being wedded off to another prince from another kingdom but the fact that you were going to leave your birthplace, and now Jangjun as well. But since you didn't complain, you did not know why at the same time you're against it. 

"Penny for your thoughts, your highness?" Jangjun said breaking your thoughts as you stared at him beside you.

"Nothing much... just thinking about... my future." You smiled.

"As a princess, it is natural for me to get an arranged marriage here in the dynasty..." You resumed.

"Aren't you happy?" Jangjun asked. That's what you were contemplating over the idea of an arranged marriage.