Vampire (Part 1)

I'm sure you heard about the existence of vampires. Are they out there? Are they just a myth to scare children? Well, no one knows. They can be hidden anywhere, be anyone however they want. They're known as monsters, blood-sucking creatures who feast on human blood, sharp fangs that can pierce through your flesh and suck the living soul out of you. Think they're charming, attractive? Well, we'll never know the real story anyway. 

But if you heard of the origin of a vampire. You might understand how a boy's life turned 360 degrees upside down. 

Because he loved a girl who he shouldn't have fall for. 

********************

"Y/n! Make sure to be home by dawn!" Your grandma yelled as you grab your empty basket, skipping outside at the front yard.

"Yes granny, I'll be back by dawn!" You yelled back as you pulled your hood up to cover your head from the blazing sun. You existed your home and bid farewell to your grandmother before making your way towards the market across the village. 

You live with your grandmother in a small cottage just outside the village since your grandmother prefers peace away from civilization. You never knew your parents' whereabouts and every time you mentioned their disappearance to your grandmother, she'll get all fussy and angry about it. Talk about mood swings, you never speak about it ever again. 

Lately, you realized granny was getting a bit weak on her knees so you visited the village a few days ago, asking for some alternative treatments for her. You didn't really know the full details of her symptoms but a kind lady offered you a recipe that perhaps will make your granny feel much better so today you were going to go to the market to get the ingredients to make the dish for her. 

You skip your way happily towards the rocky path with your basket through the evergreen forest, revealing your inner child who's always been a nature lover. You weren't afraid to cross the forest towards the village since that's the only way to reach there. Your granny had warned you many times as a kid to never go inside the forest alone but you were quite mature for your age now so your granny allowed you to visit the village. But with a promise to return home before dawn. 

As you reached the village, your eyes twinkled at the sight of the busy villagers, trying to make ends meet. Merchants yelling for customers to purchase their merchandise. You had to admit being a curious kid is hard, as you pace back and forth at the things they were selling. 

"Hey there, young miss! A traveler?" One of the merchants said as he had his gaze fixed on you and your silky long hooded cloak. He certainly has never seen such a fair maiden like you before in his business days.

"Urm...not really. I came to get some ingredients here for my granny." You replied innocently as the merchant nodded.

"Are you interested in buying my merchandise miss?" He asked but you shooked your head declining his offer. 

"No thank you. I should be getting to the market before sundown but thank you for the offer sir." You said as you bowed, wanting to quickly get to the market as soon as possible before all the fresh foods all sold out but a big hand suddenly grip your wrist, preventing you from leaving.

"Come on. Why don't you consider some? You can't get a better price than the other merchants here." The merchant persuaded but there was no need to purchase his items since you were on a tight budget and getting the ingredients is your main concern right now.

"Sir, please let go. I really need to get going but I'll come back some other time." You said but which merchant has never heard those phrases before.