V:KNIGHT

KADI

I had been wondering, why couldn't I get a hold of myself when it comes to her. Imagine the flawless actions that I cultured with sweat and tears for so many years. Yet, I ended up acting like a teen wooing his girl crush for the first time.

Damn, my palms are sweating.

I might look calm, but I was screaming and panicking inside when I held her hand. I swore, I was striving to maintain my composure, but in her presence, I went weak.

"Kadi, bakit hindi mo inaya ang mga pinsan mo na sumama sa'tin?" she asked, looking straight into my eyes, fixing her hair.

"They aren't fond of waiting," I told her, shifting my attention to the assistant that approaching. I swallowed hard as her enticing eyes flashed in my mind. Keep your cool!

I returned my gaze to her as she tries on another thin T-shirt and Palazzo. She had grown into a fine woman. I was planning to have her alone, but I regretted that decision.

She took a deep breath and went closer to me. My hand automatically offered to aid her stance. "Sabagay, uuwi naman ako mamaya," she stated.

I was trying to hold back my laughter because of my old habits when it comes to her. I hope she would notice my familiar gestured, but unfortunately, her expression tells me she didn't.

I grinned when she slowly twirls her body. "Okay, na 'to. Tara kumain na tayo," she beamed with a playful smile drawn on her face.

Right after we arrived at the nearest restaurant, we ordered our food. While waiting for our order, she kept on thanking me for helping her, showing how grateful she was.

I got pissed by her repeated lines. Once is enough. "You're giving too much credit to a man's simple action," I said while looking at her intently. "It's basic etiquette for a man to help a lady when she needs it."

I never thought that she'll change this much after so many years. What happened to you my Señorita? Seeing her again with a losing spirit, her fading fate in life was obviously written in her eyes, it drives me mad. It was kind of disappointing when I hope to see her beaming smile full of courage and hope once again. Am I too late?

"Then, I'm sorry," she apologized in a dignified manner. I was secretly grinning inside.

It was amusing to me to see her matured lady's side. She was no longer the brat who always threw mocking face when you look at her, a brat that was unable to apologize.

"For me, it was not a mere simple action, kaya hangang hindi pa ako uuwi, mamimingi ka sa pasasalamat ko," she calmly declared and gave a half-smile that shocked me a little.

Or not? She's still the stubborn brat that I know.

Napangiti na lang ako sa kaniya. "If you keep thanking me, there will be no next time," I warned that made her guffawed.

I hope that's genuine. I would do anything to see you happy.

"Okay, okay!" she said in surrender. Patawa-tawa parin siya tuwing titingin sa akin habang kumakain na kami.

Later, after we finished eating, we head to the bus station right away. I stared at her as she gets out of the car.

Please stay.

I went after her and held her hand as we walked near the bus. I'm not sure if it was okay for me to hold her. But before I had to let her hand go once more, I want to hold it longer than I did before.

"Salamat sa kagabi at ngayon, " she said mischievously smiling at me. "Salamat na rin sa pagsagip sa akin kahit lasing ka," she teased, nodding her head in amusement, shaking my hands in rhythm with her head.

This brat!

The first night that we met again. I remembered vaguely what happened that night. But one thing that I recalled most, the moment she bumped on me because there were frogs, a whole bunch of them. I was zipping my pants after peeing on a small pond. Then she popped out of nowhere screaming about killing all the frogs. I was really drunk that night that after she bumped at me, I lost my balance and this brat fell on top of me.

Muntik ko ng masuka lahat ng nainom ko dahil sa biglang pagbagsak niya sa sikmura ko. Mabuti na lang napigilan ko pa sarili ko.

And so there was a stupid frog who jumped on my chest, which made her jump off of me, but before she does, the frog jumped at her. She screamed in horror, fortunately, I caught the frog in the air before it shoots its way to her mouth. Even though I was drunk, I helped her to get away from there because her feet gave in. At dahil duling na rin ako, 'di ko na kinayang tumayo nang matagal.

I chuckled softly. "That was between life and death moment for you," I jested at her.

"One of," she corrected, riding along with my joke and I just laughed with her.

Her laughter was so long and wonderful to my ears. I wanted to make her laugh this way again. The life she had was never been kind like her. She was fighting and standing alone in her journey. I took so much time for myself instead of repaying her. I was frightened off if she got hold of my hands as pitying her because that's what I feel.

"Mas trip ko yung blushing reaction mo, compared to your reaction right now." Natigilan naman ako sa sinabi niya. "Ayan, mas may ipupula ka pa ba?" she asked, reaching my head and run her fingers through my long hair.

I don't know what got into me that I wanted to kiss her lips. Her lips could still be off-limits for me since I'm still a stranger to her. I was already being shameless and greedy, holding her hand.

Her childish laughs that echo in my ears. Pakiramdam ko pulang-pula na mukha ko. "Astig, pati kamay at braso mo o', ang pula," she beamed.

Tama na, umiinit na katawan ko sa hiya.

She inched forward. "Kadi, ipapadala ko na sayo, ang pasasalamat ko sa mga pinsan mo."

She said my name again. Why does my name sound so beautiful when she's the one saying it?

I nodded and patted her head. "I will," I assured her.

"Bye, bashful," she teased, letting go of my hand and run towards the bus. She turned around and bowed her head down slightly before she went inside.

How many times I have to tell her to stop thanking me? Ang tigas talaga ng ulo. I stood where she left me while I remained to stare at her. I stared until the bus left.

Napangiti na lamang ako. I changed my mind, I should chase after her.

Then, I look forward to seeing you soon, Señorita.

To be continued...