XVIII: SEÑORITA

ROWAN

I believe all of us dreamed of being the prince and princess of our own story. Going through all the battles, defeating evil, and getting rescued by a knight in shining shimmering armor. Most of the ladies dreamed of having a prince who'll kiss her the misery away.

Regrettably, some chose the evil man who disguises himself as the prince, or worse, her prince turns into a villain of her story. Astonishingly, other ladies preferred a knight in her life, to give his love vows through his sword to protect her. The problem was, some knights were cowards. Some of them chose money over his lover, worse was, he used his sword to make fake vows to many ladies. Sana maputol na lang ang nga espada nila. I'm referring to a real sword...Possibly.

Ito na lang, in short, your fairytale depends on your decisions, and how you grasp the future outcomes of those decisions. I mean, huwag puro kalandian ang pinapa-iral. Even how you felt he's the one, but you're fully aware of his bad sides that might be brought both of your lives in ruins, think again. Well, that's what I choose to believe, now. So far—but not all the time.

"Kadi, before ten o'clock, dapat maka-uwi na ako sa bahay," I reminded him, casually sitting beside me, as usual with his elegance. He was wearing a deep-black Italian suit, wherein it was slim and stylish that fitted him wonderfully. It brought out his gigantic yet manly body. His hair was simply and neatly tied in a thin-black ponytail, which exposes his long and sexy neck.

Nakaka-akit...

He retracted his gaze from the road and landed it to me, staring full of determination that was rather rare for him to make. It widened my eyes because of confusion, then I blinked it many times.

"Sure, Cinderella, before ten."

At once, his gaze turned sharp and extremely piercing which sent chills to my bones. I wonder what's wrong with him? He went back from silently staring at the car window, fixing his tuxedo in repetition. "Ray-an, focus on driving," he demanded with authority, still looking outside.

"Yes, sir." After Ray-an answered, I felt his hand intertwined mine.

Hmm...

When we arrived at Win's grand birthday celebration. It hadn't surprised me, how filthy rich, they are. It was fairly obvious from their appearance and attitude when I first met them. I wondered why the other twin refuses to celebrate his birthday.

When we headed right away to the biggest round table where his cousins gloomily sitting down. I heard, this is the first time that there will be a woman sitting at this table, and that would be me. I grazed my fingers at the empty chair left for me.

I smiled at them knowingly wide when I noticed they remained silent. They automatically faked a smile in response.

"Good to see you, Crazy Señorita," Pil greeted with a five, but instead, I just winked at him.

Kadi gracefully offered a chair for me to sit. "How's your recovery? Still," Pil asked. He jerked out his thumb and gestured it like slitting his throat while wiggling his brows. Natawa ako sa ginawa niya.

"Ugly," Beerie sneered at me while keeping his eyes busy on his phone. Binatukan agad naman siya ni Thor, which surprised me.

"Don't mind this kid," Thor said to me as he shuffled Beerie's hair.

"Hi, I'm Freya Silva," she introduced herself casually. "I'm Mr. Isolde's former secretary," she continued, and Pil offered his chair to her which she sat beside Kadi.