XXVI:SEÑORITA AND HER KNIGHT

ROWAN

I gazed silently through the car window. The car passed through the gate, driving past the beautiful trees lining up the driveway to Kadi's old house on the beach. Ray-an parked and jumped out of the car and ran around to open the back door for us. I lowered my head as I slowly got out. I brushed my hands on my shoulders when I felt that the temperature here was colder than I expected. Thankfully, I was wearing Kadi's thick jacket.

Kadi offered his hand after he got out of the car. I flicked it away and shook my head as I stared at him. "I'm fine."

I went ahead of Kadi. When I set foot inside the house and scanned every nook and cranny of the interior, it made me understand why he preferred to build a new house after we got married. Everything in the house gave off an excellent atmosphere for a single man. Well, he's a licensed architect and was dean at a university before he became a temporary teacher at my university. A young, successful professional living an earnest life.

While I—having a business degree and quitting my second course—was jobless. Feels like I'm leeching off on my husband. I sighed.

My feet took me wandering on a balcony. I chose to settle in the cushioned chair. The balcony has a beautiful view of both the green landscape and a calm blue beach. I smiled, realizing that we both share the same taste when it comes to green spaces and beaches.

"Grace is here with the kids. She'll be checking you. I'll be strolling somewhere," Kadi said after he delivered some refreshments in front of me. He left without sparing a glance at me and deliberately slammed the sliding door in the disguise of opening it completely.

It pissed me off.

"Galit ka?" I roared, glancing at his back as he walked away from me. "Bring your ass back here. You, piece of shit!" I clicked my tongue when he mocked me instead, acting like taking his ass off and throwing it in my direction.

Problema ng pesteng 'yun?

My attention was caught by the running footsteps. Beejay and Isaac were running with wide smiles, wearing their summer clothes. I immediately regretted suddenly moving my body. It made me wince again when the pain on my back became more severe.

Damn this body.

"You don't look good. I heard you woke up again with body pains. What happened? Tell me," Grace asked with a worried face. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone earlier," she apologized while she started with her usual check-up. "Saan banda ang sumasakit? Anong klaseng sakit? Kumikirot ba—nangangalay?"

"Mimi," Beejay beamed as he and Isaac went near to kiss on my cheek. They both sat across me.

I grimaced, transferring my attention to Grace. I dug my fingers on my back. "Ngalay siguro. Basta masakit. Don't apologize. It's my fault, to begin with."

It shocked me when she gently smacked my hand. "Don't say that again." I grinned at her expression. I had seen her angry reaction in so many times, but it is still entertaining to the point I want to tease her more.

"Oh, dear. That's the truth," I said as I looked at her, waiting to add her anger. Unfortunately, her face turned unhappy. I laughed internally. Her sudden shift of expression surprised me.

"Stop that," she gloomily said as her eyes flew down at her watch. I tittered, reaching out for some drinks that Kadi brought earlier. I was pissed off when I remembered what he did a while ago.

"Kulang ka ba sa tulog or are you exhausted?" she asked as she scanned me. I nodded in response. Grace drew out a heavy breath. I tilted my head to her face direction. "Both?" she queried.