XI:SEÑORITA AND HER KNIGHT

KADI

She kept on weeping in the shower room, and here I was shivering while guarding outside of it. I chortled when I recalled her adorable crying face.

"Kadi?" she called in a distressed tone.

"I'm here," I replied, leaning against the wall.

"Huwag mo akong iwan!" she cried.

"Hmm." Kahit habang-buhay pa. That was what I'm planning from the start. She wanted me to stick close to her while she's taking a shower. Napailing na lang ako. I lent her my thickest shirt and my new boxer. When she finished, she also stayed outside, calling my name in repetition to check if I'm still inside. I just kept on laughing in response.

When I finished, I was half-naked so I covered her eyes, using my other hand that almost covers the whole face.

"Face the wall, brat," I gently ordered, when I saw her peeking while I dressed. She cried loudly again.

"Saglit lang e'," she reasoned out, slowly banging her head to the wall.

I threw a shirt on her head and groaned. It was a pain in the ass to take care of this drunk brat. She was not only a crazy pervert, unfortunately, but her lip was also more unfiltered than her sober state.

"Behave," I said, hugging her tightly from behind. I dragged her to my room to dry her hair.

When she faced the mirror, she shed tears again. "What's wrong?" I asked as I combed her hair.

"Why am I so ugly?" she asked while squeezing her face. "At ang pandak ko." She cried out and was about to bang her head to the drawer, but I stopped her which made her scream like a little brat girl.

"You're beautiful in my eyes," I said as I started to dry her hair.

"Weh?" she questioned while crying. "Why I can't be beautiful like my idols?" She complained, wiping her tears. "And-and," she paused. "No one chose me!" she cried.

"I chose you," I told her, brushing her hair down. "Since the day you lent me your strength," I added whispering in her ears and about to kiss her cheeks, but she bound her small hands in the lower part of my face.

"Then, why you didn't choose me today?" she asked in a grieving voice as she faced me.

"I did, and I will always choose you. Sa simula pa lang ikaw na ang pinili ko. I chose you, Señorita," I sincerely told her, as I lifted her chin to level her eyes on me.

"Ganoon na ba ako kapangit, para pati rin ikaw, iniwan ako para sa mas maganda?" She cried, full of affliction, which made me feel like a big jerk.

Brat, no...

"I didn't want to make you feel that way," I apologized to her.

She smiled bitterly to herself. "Hah!" she uttered in disbelief. "My dad did not even choose us, he chose his beautiful mistress and his good-looking son!" she exclaimed in madness and jutted upright from her seat. She kicked the chair she was sitting which made me stood up and backed away.

I took a deep sigh of sadness. Sakit sa ulo. It surprised my soul when she rushed towards me, aiming to punch me. "Tanginang mga lalaki!" she angrily shouted at me and about to punch me, but I stopped her hand.

"No violence, brat."

I hate unnecessary violence. I really can't stand it.

"I know you're mad, but please—don't hurt me," I begged to her, then tugged her nearer to me.