XV:SEÑORITA

ROWAN

I was summoned to the Dean's office, and I already know why. "Sit," Doc Mike instructed when I made it.

Mahinahon akong napa-upo agad. "I won't interrogate why you weren't able to finish half of your exam papers. I called you here, to inform you that, you can't avail the next semester's scholarship," he told me with a hint of disappointment. "You performed well this sem getting a single-level-three GPA, which is ninety-three," he said, looking down at the paper that he's holding, "but you received a one-point-eight in one subject which from me," he stated, nodding to himself.

"It's a shame."

I rubbed my left buttock. "Kasalanan ko naman, sir."

He turned his head away. "Bumawi ka next opening para maibalik ka." Sir Michael sighed as he stood up. "Next week na ang Farewell party, right?" he checked.

Napatango ako habang naka-tingin sa kaniya na seryosong nakatayo. He was rather a tall-man than Kadi, in his early thirties yet still looked younger than his years. Pina-ulanan ng mga poging istudyante sa Department namin. Kaya hindi na talaga nakakapagtaka na pati mga guro ay ubod ng mga gwapo rin.

"Please, tell Bryll to prepare for another coming together within this week," utos niya.

"Yes, sir." I nodded. I strode my shoot feet out of his office, feeling dejected. It was my fault, I let my thought get bothered by my father's suspicious move for the recent days.

I texted Kuya Bryll about the meeting. I decided to silently sit alone in one of the outdoor lounges of our section, trying to slow down my thoughts. I plugged in my earphone and played a merry song, but my mood didn't go easy with it.

I rested my head to a headrest of the seat. I gazed at the beautiful flower vines that gave tone to every place. The ambiance was so beautiful and peaceful, but it got to me grieve more. I closed my eyes and started to sing along with the song.

After a while, I felt there was another shade of shadow that emit a calming scent. I smiled. "Ge, stolen mo pa," natatawa kong sabi.

I opened my eyes and saw Kadi looking down on me, his long hair smoothly flies with the breeze. He straightened himself, blushing while he checks his phone.

Kinuha ko ang earphones ko. "You looked so solemnized when I went by, " he said and reached me his phone. "You seem so beautiful there," he murmured, but I heard it, tinignan ko naman ang mga kuha niya.

Maganda kasi yung camera quality.

I ran to his camera app. I aimed the camera at him, shuttering loudly as I take photos of him. He attempted to hide his face, but shit, it even seemed better with the scenario. Geez.

When he moved closer to get his phone, I made him a solid thrust to the middle of his body.

Mas maganda ka pa sa akin.

The day had passed by so fast, so does with my school days. The remainder of the semester, and school holidays, meant, he about to get done with being a substitute teacher in our school.

We were planning for tomorrow's farewell party. It was for our department seniors who graduated from this school end. It was our department tradition. It had happened also that Kadi offered one of his cousin's beach hotels, so we all decided to accept free things that he offered.

"Ugh," Beerie groaned beside me. "So ugly," he complained, rolling his eye at me. Napangiti lang ako sa kaniya. "Ugh, uglier among the ugliest," panlalait niya. He faked to vomit.

Ang inakala kong mababaitna mga pinsan niya ay saksakan ng plastic pala. Inakala ko ay mga babae lang mahilig mangplastic, hindi pala.

Kadi left me with them because he needed to prepare the accommodation for tomorrow. We went a day earlier than them. Unfortunately, I dreamed that today would be another romantic day for both of us.

Hindi pala.

"Boiled us some water." The Doctor ordered me with unwelcome expression and passed me an electric boiler. I raised it when I received it. "Tea Time," he stated and tapped his watch.

I just nodded and went to his room kitchen. Ako pa talaga ang inutusan?

My phone vibrated on my pouch, I immediately answered it without seeing.

"Yes?"

"Nak," my mother greeted.

"Yes, Ma?"

"Nak, ano kasi," she hesitated.

"Ano ma?"

On the spur of the moment, she passed into silence along the other side. "Ma?" I was really starting to get worried.

"Nak, sorry," she apologized. "Kasi, anak. Sabi ng abogado ko, wala ka daw matatangap na ni-singko sa kanila," pagpapaliwanag niya habang umiiyak sa kabila.

"Paki ko sa pera. Ang gusto ko lang makulong sila," I fumed in annoyance.

"Akala ko kasi annulment lang ang pepermahan ko, tapos, hindi ko alam kung bakit iba date na nakalagay." I arched a brow to her words.

"Anong date?" I impatiently asked.

"Date ng annulment namin," she answered.

"Ano?"

"Hindi ko nga rin maintindihan. Akala ko annulment lang. Akala ko hindi kana magkakaproblema pagpinermahan ko." Napahampas ako agad sa cemento.

"Hindi mo naintindihan pero pinermahan mo?" I exclaimed, and I smacked my forehead. "Ma, Utak, ma!" naiiyak ko na sabi.

"Nak, sorry."

"Huwag mo akong kausapin, kahit anong mangyari," galit na galit ko na bulyaw sa kaniya at pinatayan ng tawag.

"Why are you shouting there?" sigaw ng pinsan ni Kadi.

"Pota, paki mo ba?" sigaw ko pabalik.

Paki-alam niyo sa buhay ko?

"You. How dare you cussed me?" Win roared when he went here.

He gasped when he saw the kettle that kept on making noise. "Are you insane? Look at the kettle, you useless woman!" he spat.

Useless...

Naramdaman ko na lang na kumirot bigla ang dibdib ko. May paki-alam lang kayo kung nagkakamali at naghihirap ako. Tapos, masayang-masaya kayo na ipamukha ito sa akin.

I cried.

Ako na ang walang kwenta. Ako yung walang kwentang señorita ni Papa. Akala ko, may pag-asa pa akong maging Señorita ulit.

Suddenly, I remembered my father's cold stare and his words.

I don't need a useless child, you don't deserve to carry my surname.

My father believes he was always right. He's right, I am useless.

To be continued...