XXXVII:KNIGHT

KADI

I tried to hide my grin as I brought my drink up to my lips. I was mesmerized by the way how the brat got drunk with my cousins as Grace tried to lift her up from the floor. Not to mention, she was released from her hospital bed just a few days ago.

I sat on the floor of the balcony in our house—they all gathered here. They all pulled this failed surprise when I went home later than they expected.

"Grabi, look at the way my husband drunk his drink. Look at his throat muscles the way it moves when he swallows. Ang sarap dilaan," she babbled that made my cousins laughed out. "You can see him, right? It's not my imagination, right?" she asked, poking my face with her finger.

I flinched when she bit hard my arm. I growled at her and she immediately gasped. "I'm not dreaming!" She applauded herself.

"You're drunk!" Beerie scoffed, throwing some food on her face.

"You two," I corrected. I grunted when I finished my drink.

"It's good that you already recovered your voice," Brother Mika remarked, sitting on the chair behind me.

I pointed out the tip of the bottled drink on my neck. "I can't sit around the dark corners anymore. When the hyenas enjoyed tormenting my family. I needed to recover it immediately," I said as I opened another bottle and gave it to Rowan.

She was about to kiss me, but I pushed her forehead away from me. "Your voice is so smooth in my ears—like my drink."

Hinampas ko agad ang kamay niyang hinihimas yung binti ko. "Magtigil ka nga," I hissed.

"So, need a hand?" Brother asked, handing me food.

I slowly bobbed my head, grabbing a food, half of my fist amount. "Sure, I would be glad if you do so. I want to end this—as soon as—possible."

He grinned and gently patted my back. "If you say, so. Let's dropped a bomb in the case to end everything," he said, laughing softly.

"Boom!" Rowan shouted in my ear and pulled my hair.

I slightly kicked her legs. "Go to bed, Señorita."

She pursed her lips as she embraced my arm, putting my arm in between her chest.

I sighed. "Excuse us, I'll put her to bed."

They all hummed in harmony with a dubious expression, even Grace played along with them. I shook my head at them. All they could be thinking, a flirty, married couple going to bed early. I only laughed as I left them and carried Rowan to our room.

"Tagay pa," she murmured, running her short tongue over her wet lips, trying to taste the left moist of alcohol. "Tagay pa... Isa pa."

I hummed in answer, and threw her to the bed, locking the door behind me. She laughed out when her body bounced. A minute later, I heard her sobbing. I paused from taking off my shirt.

"What's wrong?" I asked, crawling to her corner side of the bed. She choked on the spur of a moment and burst into laughter. My eyes squinted because of her sudden mood swings. "Siraulo."

She lifted her head, glancing back at me. She was laughing while she's crying.

I slapped my forehead. "Kaya ayokong maglasing ka eh." I grabbed both of her wrists and pulled her closer to me.

Rowan looked at me, tears slipped from her weeping eyes. "Sorry," she apologized out of nowhere that confused me.

I kissed her nose. "For what my bratty wife?" I asked.