XXIII:KNIGHT

KADI

The bits of our moments that served as valuable memories for me. As the day passed by, I got to know more about how brat Rowan is.

"Yes, we'll be there in a few minutes," I said, hearing her panicking on the other side.

"Okay." She ended without even saying goodbye.

It was already dinner time when Rowan asked me through a phone call if I already picked up my cousins from their workplaces. She was looking forward to tonight, gathering us men. I had no idea what was the occasion. She must have planned this with Grace. They became friends so fast that she often forgot to ask how was her husband's day at work.

It made me want to quit in my work and just spent my hours with the brat instead of Grace spending time with her. Their time together was more than what we usually spend with each other. Grace and she often roam around the house or going around in the downtown. They were doing some girl things like taking a lot of photos.

Rowan's phone and the laptop were loaded up with Grace's solo pictures. Most of the time when I went home, I caught her using my notebook and editing some photos. Dati-rati mukha ko lang ang laman ng photo gallery niya, ngayon nasa recently deleted na.

My internal drama was interrupted when I realized I was already at our house. Ray-an went outside of the car to open the gate. I immediately hopped out.

The car doors slams sounded like echoes. It was because of the in-order entrances of my cousins from their polished cars. I glanced at the balcony where I can hear Rowan's loud voice shouting out my name. My eyes widened in shock and gasped. "Brat?"

I was left in gaped when I saw her. I almost couldn't recognize her because she was wearing a business attire that I haven't seen nor imagined in my sinful mind. My mind automatically reminded me not to swear.

Oh, dear God, I deeply thank you for blessing me this dreadfully treasurable sight.

Her stacked body well-fitted with a deep-red double-breasted executive coat and was paired with an olive-green pencil with a slit. She was waving her both hands in the air like a child.

I smiled shyly and waved back to her.

I'll mark this day on my calendar.

I took out my phone from the pockets of my pants. My phone made a sound of shutters as I kept on taking a photo of her.

"Ulol ka," she shouted, bickering with Win from the balcony. She heard the shutter sounds of my phone that made her look around. Her eyes landed on me. I grabbed the opportunity and captured it while she was staring at the camera. She stopped talking and made a silly face for me to capture.

I softly laughed, scanning the pictures I took. I'll choose one and make it my new wallpaper. Should I print out one, too? For sure, it would be best if I'll add more photos of her on my desk. Should I buy the frame tomorrow? I thought to myself. My mind was quite in scrambled as I silently scanned every angle of her picture.

"Just you wait, grumpy senile CEO," she screamed out and made a burst of evil laughter.

I sighed deeply, listening to their bickering. My eyes flew down to her feet that were quite visible from my view.

Oh, she's wearing high heels.

No wonder she was a little bit taller than usual. "Let's get inside. She must be hungry already," aya ko sa mga pinsan ko, na mukhang masayang inaasar ang asawa ko.

When we ended up going to the backyard since there was no one inside of the living room. My mouth suddenly dropped in agape.

"Oh-ho, what's the occasion?" Pil asked in surprise. "I believed this was just a simple dinner?" he asked me with a funny version of a confused expression.