EPILOGUE

ROWAN

He laughed beautifully sitting in the chair beside the hospital bed. I was telling him about our old days. I felt his fingers threading through my hair.

His hand slid slowly to hold my hand that wanted to reach his face. He gently pressed it to his wrinkled face yet still exquisite to my slight blurry vision. He flashed a beautiful smile once again. It was always have been the most beautiful smile that wrapped my heart in warmth.

The best smile I had ever seen, as rare as a gem. Even the person who wore that smile will always be the rare gem I ever had in my life.

The flickering light of my life that he once fixed, he gave his everything to maintain it. He was not perfect, he was not flawless, yet everything in him is what I need.

"Thank you," I whispered.

He had always been that kind of man that refuses my gratefulness, thanking him every time.

"As I said, stop thanking me or there will be no next time," he said, kissing my hand.

I smiled.

He never changed that kind of attitude.

"I insist, thank you for everything, Kadi."

I felt a cold fluid, dropping on my skin. I chuckled softly, caressing his fingers.

"You gave me the true value of being a señorita."

I heard him choke from suppressing his cry.

He was always that bashful, so shy to openly speak and show his feelings. Easy to get embarrassed and has a soft heart, that can't hold back his pouring tears.

"Thank you for accepting me to be your knight," He said, hearing his low voice.

"You're worthy, old knight," I teased, squeezing his hand in repetition.

He laughed softly. "You will always be my most beloved señorita, even have a lot of wrinkles in your face."

I coughed shortly as I laughed at his words.

"Then, if time will come for you to chase me once more. Please don't hesitate to grab my hair like what you often do," I jested, listening to his soft laughter.

"Crazy brat," he remarked.

I smiled when I heard that familiar phrase.

"Crazy beauty," I remarked back to him. "Thank you, my knight. Thank you for this beautiful tale that I will treasure no matter where I go."

I heard him cracked into sobs.

"You always cry for me and smile for me. Offering your body to me," I joked at the end of the phrase. "Chase me, I'll wait for you. No matter how it will take longer."

He still tried to laugh between his sobs. "You'll accept me to become your knight once again?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"You're sleepy? Then, take a rest. I'll be by your side no matter what."

I smiled as I closed my eyes.

This tale that I once wished, but it came true. A knight that brought me back to life. A knight that valued me, that he also gave my life value. An elegant knight, a rare beautiful knight that became my one and only knight.

I'm not regretting anything anymore...

I stared at the calm waves of the oceans as I stood near the shoreline. I couldn't care more or less about how long I stood up here. All I could do was to praise the beautiful water in front of me.

It was so elegantly clear and beautiful. The wave that shyly teased to reach my toes.

It made me long for someone.

It reminded me of someone.

That, someone, was also clear in heart and beautiful in appearance. That, someone, had a shy nature trying to tease me. That someone also had a calm demeanor, astonishing up close.

All I know that I'm waiting for that someone.

I'm waiting for that person.

"Is it a beautiful brat?"

My thoughts were interrupted when someone spoke beside me, wrapping his warm coat on my body.

I slowly jerked my head towards his direction. I was left in gape—amusement and speechless.

A beautiful man stood beside me. He had a beautiful face features that could make me jealous of him. He had a beauty like a rare gem. His long black hair added to his delicate and elegant beauty.

He glanced at me and smiled beautifully, piercing my heart.

Oh, he's that person.

"Beauty," I whispered.

He smiled once more as he intertwined his hand to mine.

"I took so much time chasing you," he said and brushed his lips to the skin of my hand. "Can I be your knight once more?"

I don't quite understand why I cried. I must have waited for too long to make me feel so emotional.

"Yes, be my knight once more."

He smiled widely at me and leaned closer to me, an inch away from my face. "The pleasure is mine, would you mind claiming me with a kiss, Mi Señorita?"

I laughed softly. "Sure," I replied mischievously.

But instead of kissing his lips, I kissed his neck scar and glides my tongue to his chin, since I'm short it was too easy for me. He immediately backed away as he blushed.

"If you wanted to swim, I'll be glad to come with you," he shyly invited me.

I burst into laughter as I pressed both hands on my belly. When I recovered from laughing, I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me.

I just noticed I was wearing a fitted dress, and he was wearing silly medieval clothes.

What the hell!

"Take your shirt off!" I demanded. He shyly followed my words and obediently took it off.

My eyes flew down to his abdominal muscles and it was spiced up with some scars.

"Hunk and hot knight," I remarked, drooling in his half-naked body.

He laughed as I dragged him into the water with me. I enjoyed splashing some water in his direction. At once, he rushed towards me and hugged my waist tightly from behind. His hands slowly moved upward and grabbed both of my breasts.

He chuckled softly to my ears. "I'll never get tired of you, my bratty señorita."

I'm not sure if this is a mere dream, but I know this our tale, a beautiful tale indeed.

I guess this our... Happy ending.

THE END.