VI:KNIGHT

KADI

"You don't even know her that much!" Win exclaimed in madness, sitting on the floor across from me while spreading a filling in his bread as thick as he can.

"Cuz, if fate allows you two to see each other again, then," Thor was cut off from his dramatic speech when Beerie slammed his body to the sofa that made Thor bounced back.

We're uncomfortably gathered in one of my balconies, it took me a few days before I asked them if they'll allow me to take some vacation where I can pursue my plans to be with her but they all got mad at me.

'Di ko inakala na may apat akong nanay.

I sighed inwardly. "Hyung, how many times do they have to meet? This is not the first time or the second time that fate lets them meet. If you are against the idea of Hyung Kadi being with that girl, then say it," Beerie scowled at him. Napatango naman ako sa sinabi niya. "She's not good looking," Beerie uttered out of a sudden, he kept pressing on his ear piercing and wandering his eyes in the wood ceiling.

I knitted my eyebrows as I switched my attention to his elder brother, Pil, that continued on laughing out loud. "You're even worse, Wolfie," he said while he was occupied with his game consoles, "and you're acting impulsively," he muttered seriously, still concentrating on his game.

My mind almost went blank in disbelief. "I've been pounding myself, what I'll do for her, for almost half a dozen years," I emphasized, calming my nerves. "I can't wait for more years to wait for her to graduate, or for her to suffer more," I paused, "I can't sit and just wait for news about her—being impulsive? Really, for six years?" I growled, slowly scratching my neck.

Sakit nila sa ulo.

"Then add one more year," Thor suggested after taking a sip of his tea.

Seriously?

I shrugged helplessly. "Three more years," Win proposed, handing me a double-layer sandwich. My shoulders slumped and raised two fingers. I can't win against this bread-winner business-minded person. He gave me a dismissive wave of his hand. "Was she polite and accommodating when it gets to you?" he asked.

What's up with the sudden question? I grazed my fingers through my long hair, thinking about her personality. Hmm. "Sort of," I answered in doubt and took a chomp. Hindi naman siya ganoon ka polite, nakadepende sa taong kasama niya ang pagiging accommodating.

"Then she's a pushover," Beerie said and shrugged his shoulders. I pressed the sandwich hard out of my anger that made the bread flatten and the fillings spilled some on my pants.

"Is she sexy to you?" Pil asked, jumping in the conversation when he finished playing.

I smiled at his question. "Not really," I said truthfully. Considerably, I even found her attractive.

"Then she's ugly," Beerie declared devilishly smiling at me. Naningkit ang mga mata ko sa pang-aasar nila. Pinagkakaisahan ako ng magkakapatid na 'to.

"Is she assertive?" Win asked as he stretched out his arms to his younger brother, giving him a slice of bread. I diverted my attention and focused on the sandwich that I murdered. Pagsumagot ako, baka ano naman sabihin nila.

"If not, then, she's a pussy," Win added trying to test my patience, "if yes, then she's a bitch."

Napalingon naman agad ako sa kaniya, at hinampas sa pagmumukha niya yung sandwich na ginawa niya.

I glared at him. "Badmouths deserve a slap with bread on his face," I said in a satisfied manner, smiling with grace.

You all kept on judging her character when all of us weren't even a better person.

Hinilamos ko sa mukha niya ang kumalat na fillings sa kamay ko pero agad naman dinilaan ng siraulo ang kamay ko, dahilan na ihampas ko sa mukha niya yung sandwich niya. "Uhmm, Lami kaayo!" he said with the enthusiasm that made his brothers laughed too. Geez.

"Does she seem cute to you?" Beerie asked me while licking his middle finger that has a filling. Gross.

"Yes and you all better shut your bad mouths," I advised them and about to stand when I noticed my nephew and my younger brother was listening to us.

"Then she's stupid!" The three of them said in harmony and laughed out loud.

Tawa pa, karmahin kayo sana.

I ignored them and gestured to invite the little gentlemen standing beside the sliding door. "Awngkle Didi, ish she gowd?" My nephew asked, pouting his lips, and sit on my lap. Tumawa naman yung mga may saltik ko na pinsan at ginagaya-gaya ang sinabi ng bata.

Tumango lang ako sa bata at ginulo ang buhok niya. Then, he gave me a thumbs up. "Yes, Bejay," I said and showered him with small kisses. He was so adorable, huggable and kissable kid, full of cuteness and chubbiness. Baby Bejay was one of the greatest gifts that arrived in my life.

I looked at my younger brother, Isaac, silently sitting beside me. He dipped his little fingers in the jar of fillings.

"I'm planning to take on an adventure to repay and aid a haughty lady," I said as I embraced them both.

"Haughty?" Isaac asked.

I pinched his nose and smiled at him. Even he was still young, he was so attentive to the words of adults. I'm glad that he grew up as a good and a smart kid

"Yes, a haughty personality, but has a dazzling heart," I said softly and surely, full of resolute belief in her. The kids nodded happily as if they understand me.

"Will you stop sounding like you're telling a magical tale for kids," saway ni Win at kinuha sa akin si Bejay.

"Yuck, as if she's a princess that needs to be rescued," Beerie said in disgust, sticking his tongue out to reinforce his acting.

"She's a señorita. A real Señorita," natatawang sabi ni Pil habang naglalaro ulit.

"You don't fit the role of a prince for her," Thor spoke as he folded his hands in his lap.

"You can be her knight!" masayang sigaw ng mga bata sabay tapon ng maliliit nilang kamao sa hangin, dahilan para matigilan kaming lahat sa linya nila.

Knight?

I smiled bitterly to myself. When fate played his games, its trump cards were a genuine life-stirring. Even destiny had joined this game—in this coincidence that states, there's no turning back.

Well, if that was the case, I'll play their game, finding my happiness, and that is to be with her. They better watched me, till let me find my tale.

To be continued...