XXXIX:KNIGHT

KADI

I drew out a sighed with impatience, waiting for Rowan to take off her eyes from what she's cooking and spare a glance at me. She was also busy with her phone, clipping it with her chin and shoulder.

"Sana kahapon pa yan," she roared into the phone. I only sat on the edge of the countertop, resting my one palm on the top and my other hand gripping the side of my hip. "Grace okay lang ba ang pagka-bake?" Rowan asked Grace when she noticed Grace pulled out the cake from the oven. Grace gave her thumbs up with a wide smile beaming in her face.

After madly ending the call, she looked around the kitchen. Her gaze landed on me, her eyes went troubled. "Hey, how about you fetch Freya in the Airport?"

I scratched my neck, looking around pretending that I'm checking if she's talking to me. I pointed a finger in my face, faking a confused expression.

She slowly bobbed her head with a concerned look "May dala siyang mga regalo, paki safety yun una. Thank you, beauty."

Ayun, kaya pala.

"Hindi pwede safety ko?" I asked, poking my cheek with a forefinger. She hurriedly strode in my direction and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Yes, yes, sir. Happy thirty-seventh birthday, ingat sa daan and thank you," she greeted quickly and went back to cooking.

I shook my head. Pagluto talaga sa kusina ang trabaho niya, hindi na namamansin ng maayos. I already told her not to exhaust herself every time there's an occasion in the house. Mamayang gabi, gagawin niya naman akong taga masahi, at aasarin sa mga ungol niya.

"I'll check the kids before I'll go, okay?" paalam ko. Hindi ako sigurado kung kailangan ko magmadali para sunduin lang ang mga regalo, este si Freya.

When I decided to visit Luts' playroom, it almost gave me a heart attack seeing Rosseitte. She was trying to get Lutz out of his crib.

"Rosseitte!" I shrieked in panic. Rosseitte just muttered "ops" at me. "Bad lady, " I hissed, and gently spanked her little butt.

Instead of apologizing, she giggled and hugged her brother. I brushed my palms on my face.

"Dad, he's talking now, I taught him," she said proudly to me. I only nodded to her and took Luts away from her. "Luts, say Lutsyan Isolde," she ordered, pinching her little brother's feet.

"Hi, Dada," Luts said, poking my face and ignoring his sister.

It was already been three and a half years had passed since then. Our lives had become peaceful than before. But things it was not that easy.

We already have two kids and a stable life. Two years ago, after Luts was born. Rowan got bedridden for almost one hundred days, months after she gave birth. We were worried sick for her, especially when her panic attacks were often.

I snapped back from reminiscing and glanced back at Rosseitte who was already outside of the crib. "Stop treating your brother as a toy, okay?" I told Rosseitte, putting Luts back in his crib.

She pursed her lips and crossing her arms. "Fine, but tell Kuya Isaac to play with me. He's been ignoring me," she said and pointing at Isaac, who was sleeping in the corner.

"Let's just call Kuya Bejay or Kuya Beerie," I said softly to her, bending down and brushing my fingers on her curly hair.

She grimaced. "No," she shouted. "They both speak weird, I don't understand them," she complained, stomping her feet.

"They were talking Korean and Japanese. You should ask them to teach you," I told her, pinching her white chubby cheeks.

She suddenly shrieked and punched my face. She immediately dived to the sleeping body of Isaac and hugged him.