XXXIII:SEÑORITA AND HER KNIGHT

KADI

I finished scanning the list name of the students that will come with me to the abrupt seminar. It was rather late news on my side about a good opportunity for the students. It was a good thing that I was able to persuade the coordinator for the late registration.

There was a knock on the door that caught my attention. My eyebrows knitted as I checked my watch on my wrist. It seemed like it's my secretary since it was earlier than the planned time. "Come in," I softly called.

Freya pushed it open. "Morning, Sir." I raised a brow when I noticed her outfit that was too casual for the trip.

She walked in and flopped down on the couch in my office. I offered her a smile as I squinted my eyes. "Miss, I would like to remind you that we're going on a school matter trip. If you don't mind, I suggest you should change your clothes. Thank you."

"Please excuse me, Sir," she said, keeping her voice even. "I'd prefer this outfit. I guess this is better than bringing your whole pack," she spoke while she stared at Rowan, who was sleeping like a log with Rosseitte on the couch across of her.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Things happen."

My hands started to organize my desk as I tried to ease my mind about my worries when my other half-brother appeared last night. He gave me a tip of warning to prepare myself.

"My gorgeous-bitch friend. It's better you stay quiet and pretend you don't give a fuck." The brat seethed while closing her eyes.

Freya raised both of her eyebrows as she slowly blinked her eyes. "Freedom of speech."

I purposely slammed both of my hands on the top of my desk and hopped up from my chair. These ladies love to start a fire every time they see each other so it's better to shut their mouths.

Rowan slowly rose from lying and gave me a hard look. I cleared my throat and avoid her gaze.

I walked to the door and pulled it open. The fifth-year student representative stood outside, her face was a mixture of confusion and shock.

"Get inside. Kindly learn to knock next time," I told her, pointing my thumb and jerking my head telling her to enter.

"S-sorry, Sir," she breathed as she stared at my face.

I heard the brat groaned. "Curse that fucking face, beauty," Rowan said, loud enough for me to hear it.

"Quiet, Rosseitte is sleeping," I hissed.

She gave me a half-shrugged with a mocking grin written on her face and mouthed an insincere apology. I had to carefully lift the sleeping Rosseitte to my lap for me sat beside Rowan.

I breathed a sigh of relief when the students arrived up earlier. I had to admit that as much as I wanted to run away right now with my whole pack, I couldn't leave my cousins in danger just for me to live a peaceful life again. Rowan decided to come along with me just in case there's something that will happen, and I'm praying that such things will never happen.

Everything went smoothly as we arrived on another island. I felt conscious of my appearance that I'd covered my face with a mask and dark glasses. I let my hair down so straight and neat.

Rowan ushered me into our room, closing the door behind us. "Seriously?" she asked away with her hands on her hips. "Can't you just shower a bomb to the house of your old family so you won't need to cower behind me?" she growled.

I sighed. "If you can do that to your father, I would gladly do it so. I can live the life of a criminal with you."

"Is that a dare?" She sneered. "A man like you should be freed from those lingering fears of getting assassinated again by your own family."