VII:KNIGHT

KADI

I adjusted my tie when I entered the college building of Engineering and Architecture. My breath quickened the moment I saw her a few meters away from me, wearing the school uniform that suits her.

She seemed busy arguing with her classmates. I find her pissed reaction quite alluring. Her eyes wandered and stopped in our direction. She gazed at us walking towards them, her brows knitted, and she turned away which confused me. All of a sudden, she was marching towards us that made my face burn with mixed excitement and anxiousness.

Stunned—when she went inside to a classroom not too far from us. Parang binuhusan ako ng malamig na tubig.

What? Nilampasan niya lang ako? Did she forget about me?

I composed myself and went inside the room next to it. Slouching at my desk that Mike, my old friend, the Dean of this department, has offered me. My hope has wilted, my efforts are wasted. Umalis na nga ako ng walang paalam, if I go back early, baka paulanan ako ng bato papasok sa bahay ko.

I propped my chin on my hands. "Hah," I sighed loudly.

My attention was caught by someone who knocked thrice at the faculty door, I straightened up myself. The assistant dean hurriedly opened the door while still sitting and riding on his office chair.

My eyes almost dropped to the floor when her head popped out of the slightly opened door. "Good afternoon teachers, may I ask if Doc Mike is here?" she asked. The assistant dean pointed her to Mike's Desk.

"Sir!" she slightly shouted, but Mike remained in silence, focusing his attention on his PC. My eyes followed her as she entered the room and went in front of Mike's desk.

"Last game na 'yan, sir," she ordered and Mike just raised his hands, palm facing towards her. She just crossed her arms in response.

"Get my ECE handbook in the bookshelf, first on the right side, copy the questions on a board, the page that has a bookmark," Mike ordered her back, pointing his finger at me.

Since my desk was on the right side of Mike's desk and the shelf is behind me. I slowly whirled my chair. When I was about to take the book, but her hand also reached for the book. It ended up firmly clasped on the top of my hand.

The contact was electrifying, jolting every nerve in my body. My mind was still trying to gather my thoughts and my lost manliness. I tried hard not to make her notice how affected I am with the bolt of heat from her touch had sent through me.

O' please, don't make me cuss. I realized that my hand was trembling slightly, worrying that she might notice it, I turned my gaze slightly towards her—she's frowning!

I instantly drew back my hand which made her giggle. "Thank you, Sir," she said with a friendly smile."Sir," she repeated.

After it, her expression changed into, a very naughty one. I unknowingly raised a brow when she kissed the tips of her fingers, sliding her lips to her palm—the hand that rested on the top of my hand. The way her tantalizing stares invites me.

"Salamat, " she thanked me again, wiggling her natural brows with that playful smile, and then she left.

After the door banged, I slowly reeled back in my seat and gently slammed my face to the desk. Covering my ears that I know, and I'm aware, it's burning hard red.

Ayoko magmura pero ang sarap magmura. I groaned in a long way, gathering my whole self. Did that brat just play me?

You dare, brat?

Rowan and I spent almost a month exchanging flirty stares and wooing lines to each other, in a humorous way. Lacking in seriousness, still, we both never crossed the line. Well, I was enjoying it, every moment I had with her. All those moments when our eyes meet and her laugh that tickles the inside of me. It felt right, even though there was a wall that separated us.

I smiled when I remembered her laugh. Most of the time I stared back at her, not backing down, then she ended cracking up.

Mabuti, nagiging kasiyahan niya ako.

Finally, I burst into laughter, realizing what I've said. My phone rang and I slowly reached for it, laughing softly while I answered it.

"It seems you are enjoying your abrupt vacation," bungad ni Win sa kabilang linya.

"Yes, Indeed, I am and I will," I told him.

"You sound so happy, laughing," he casually continued, trying not to sound pissed.

"My Señorita makes me happy," I answered back quickly and got up from lying on my bed.

"Hmm, 'My'," he stated.

I walked out of my apartment room and headed towards my car. "Uh-huh," I said, after a long silence from him.

"Yes," I added after entering my car.

"Gagu, Magbulag ramo unta!" Win snorted on the other side.

"Language," I said, but he kept on blabbering curses, not even listening to me.

"Ayaw nagbalik diri, Sapat!" he roared.

"Sure," I answered him calmly, tying my hair in a bun and started the engine, "Bye, Momma-thong-lover," I ended the call.

I bet that he went rampaging in his house and might as well report this to other Momma-thong-lovers. Whatever, I'm happy here.

A calm weekend, I had no class to teach. Not needed to wake-up early for me to time-in, however—I won't able to see her. I breathed out, standing outside my new favorite coffee shop and wishing to see her here. Unfortunately, she was not into coffee, but instead, a classic-tea lover. I walked into the shop and stood in line.

"Bakit 'di siya yung pumila dito?" A girl in front of me hissed to herself. Messing up her baby hairs on both sides of her ears.

Clicking her tongue, she turned around, but she accidentally stomped on my feet, which made her staggered, unsteadily, and about to fall. It made me stifle a sigh because of quick panic inside my head. Luckily, I caught her, crushing her tightly in my arms.

Bigat naman!

She was a stacked woman, even though she was short. I could tell, no, I could feel it. When she was able to recover her balance. She fixed her baggy big shirt, then her glasses. It took me seconds to recognize her.

Rowan!

"Brat?" I accidentally beamed out loud for her to hear me.

She looked surprised too. "S-sir, hi?" she stuttered. We're both staring at each other. Magnificent. I was able to see her. I suppressed a laugh in her anxious face, it was so funny. I sneakily reached her arm and gestured my hand to the counter while she was still a bit at lost.

After she gathers herself, for sure, she'll tease me back.

"Meg."

We both turned our heads to the person who called. Appalled, she immediately flicked off my hand. Natigilan naman ako sa ginawa niya at sa lalaking nakatitig sa aming dalawa.

What's this all about?

To be continued...