↬reaping

______________________________________

↠it is time

↠the moment has arrived, where a boy and a girl will be forced to compete in a brutal, bloody fight to the death.

↠after such a terrible series of uprisings and rebellion, panem has finally come to its senses...

↠the capitol has secured their power and control once more, and they aren't willing to show any mercy or promises of a second chance this time...

↠only ONE will make it out alive this time.

↠o n e. no second thoughts, no change of rules, no mercy.

↠our young rebels have served their justice. and now, it is time for you to serve yours.

↠good luck...

↠and may the odds be EVER in your favor...!!!

______________________________________

"Welcome, welcome, welcome! Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be EVER in you're favor!"

"Now, before we begin, we have a very special film, which was brought to you all the way from the Capitol!"

The escort squeals with pleasure, much to the disgust to the poorer, outlying districts, but a squeal that is shared by many excited volunteers from the Career Districts. The escort signals for the film to begin...

- play the part where Effie plays the film, then stop it when she says, "I just love that!"-

"Oh, I just love that!" The escort says with utter awe.

After a while of analyzing the group of children from ages 12-18 standing before him/her, the escort smiles and gives a happy sigh.

"Now, the time has come, to select one courageous man and woman for the honor of representing our beloved district in the 76th annual Hunger Games. As usual, ladies first!"

The escort walks their way to a huge jar (for districts 3, 5-12) and linger around until they finally select a small white card with the name of a doomed tribute...

______________________________________

At the Career Districts: "Right! Do we have any volunteers?" The escort queries. Many hands shot up right after the word "volunteers" and many were screaming their names out in desperation to be chosen.

The escort turns around to the mentors/specialists of the training academies.

"Which two brave, young soldiers do we have this year to fight for the honor of their beloved district?" The escort passes on the microphone to the mentors or academy professors, who then either choose from the cluster of eager, bloodthirsty volunteers, or read out from a paper in which the names of the tributes are written...