Chapter 14: Metropolitan Clash! A Growing Concern? Part 1

A/n yeah I'm splitting it into two parts

It was after school hours it was a calm peaceful night in the school of the Metropolitan academy.

Or at least that's what would be said.

The sounds of metal clashing and piercings was heard throughout the training room of the young Shinobi.

"Take this!" Kochou shouted as she used her wips that suddenly turned to serpents to attack Zangetsu.

Zangetsu quickly and swiftly did his best to dodge and block with his shield some of the oncoming strikes.

"Hmph, you okay but" Kochou said as suddenly Kanzaki dashed forward towards Zangetsu.

"Let's see how well you'll do against Kanzaki" Kochou said.

Kanzaki used her large sword to land a few strikes each connecting with Zangetsus shield, he then parried one strike from the young spiked hair woman who then tried to block whatever the young Rider had in store.

"MELON-SQUASH!!"

Zangetsu unleashed a powerful strike but Kanzaki successfully blocked it and somehow managed to absurd a small amount of energy and with that countered Zangetsu's attack catching the rider off guard.

He staggered back as he didn't expect her to deal a great counter like that.

It was so strong it caused his armor to deactivate, leaving him gasping for air as he was exhausted.

"Is it alright if we take....a breather??..." Ryu said huffing in between words.

Kochou walked up to him.

"Will the Yoma or these Inves allow you!! to 'take a breather' NO!!" She said with air quotes

"now transform and let's start again! I will not tolerate slacking off!!" She yelled.

Ryu was still breathing heavily as Kanzaki looked at him with sympathy.

"You know.... maybe a break will do some good we have been going at it for 7 hours" she said.

Kochou stopped in place and turned to her comrade.

"I will not allow him to slack off! He may have this power but power does not equal ones skill! He needs to sharpen himself and ready for whatever comes!" Kochou said in her usual attitude.

"I know but what good is he if he can't move, just look at him" Kanzaki pointed at Ryu.

Kochou looked and examined the boy, bruised up sweaty and clearly exhausted.

"Alright.....he may rest" Kochou said reluctantly.

Ryu yelled thank you as he collapsed on the floor ready to relax for now, Kochou however decided to leave as classes were soon about to officially end leaving Kanzaki with the boy.

Kanzaki walked over to Ryu and kneeled down and looked at him.

" You feeling any better?" She asked.

"Eh... you know...just relishing in this." He said in between breaths.

"I thought boys were more 'energetic'?" Kanzaki said with emphasis on energetic.

Ryu looked at her confused.

"You sound as if you've never known any boy" he said

Kanzaki was a bit embarrassed to admit it.

"Well I never really had a male friend and um...you know I go to an all girls school and...." Kanzaki said.

Ryu was in disbelief "come on you've must've had at least one male friend?" He said.