American Suitehearts

You quickly run through the woods holding your arm your bleeding arm. You come upon a house with a candle in the window. You run up to the door and knock. You keep glancing over your shoulder hoping that the animal's gone. Seconds later you hear footsteps, and a man wearing a floor length black cape, black boots, golden gloves with spikes, black pants with metal chains, and a skeleton mouth painted on his face opens the door. You're slightly taken  back.

'Would I rather be hopelessly running around in the woods trying to find the main road while that mountain lion chases me or be stuck in a house with him,' you ask yourself.

"You have to help me. I was hiking when this mountain lion came out of nowhere, and now I can't find my way back," you quietly say.

"Come in," he says stepping out of the way.

You hesitantly walk in. You're standing in a room that has a small table and chairs.

"Thank you," you say facing him.

"No problem. Let's get that cleaned up," he says beckoning for you to follow.

You walk into the next room which is a bedroom. He pulls out a first aid kit out from under the bed. He leads you back into the other room. You sit down in the chair, and he pours some rubbing alcohol on the bite. He wipes away the blood with a paper towels. You wince as he touches it. He finally gets it all clean and bandaged.

"Thanks. Why do you live all the way out here," you nervously ask.

"I like the peace and quiet," he distantly says.

"Oh. What's your name," you ask.

He smirks and says, "Mr. Sandman."

"You're the one that killed all of them girls. You would always leave a note that said pleasant dreams, Mr. Sandman," you say backing up.

"Well, look who's been doing their homework, " he says.

"What are you going to do to me," you shakily ask.

"I'm going to make you suffer more than the other girls," he smirks.

Before you can get away, Mr. Sandman pins you against the wall. You kick and fight as he ties you to a chair. He pulls the rope tightly against your wrists and ankles.

"That should do it," he says smiling.

"You need help," you mumble glaring at him.

He pulls out a knife and whispers, "No you're going to need it."

Tears start swelling up in your eyes, and you frantically try to get out of rope. The knife's inches from your face when someone barges in the house. You both look over to see a man dressed in a yellow suit with a white button up shirt. He has on a yellow top hat, and his face is painted white with traces of blush.

'Where in the world did all these crazies come from,' you ask yourself.

"Leave her alone Sandman," the man in yellow says.

"And why should I Dr. Benzedrine," Sandman asks.

"She's not involved in this. Why do you think my parents gave her up for adoption, " Dr. Benzedrine says.

"What are you talking about," you mumble in disbelief.

He ignores you and says, "Don't drag her into this. Get revenge on my another way."

Mr. Sandman smirks and says, "Too late."

Before you know it, the knife's touching your neck. You wake up gasping for air. You're sweating, and your heart's racing.

"What the hell," you mumble placing a hand on your neck. That felt so real.

"That's the future," a voice that sounds exactly like Mr. Sandman whispers.

You feel a warm breath against your ear. You quickly look beside you, but no one's there.

"It was all just a nightmare, " you mumble to yourself as you lay back down.

"Or was it," Mr. Sandman asks.

You look around, but he isn't there.

'You're just paranoid, ' you think closing your eyes.

Before you drift off to sleep again, you hear someone whisper, "Remember, I will always haunt your dreams and nightmares."

When you wake up, you're in the chair.

Sandman turns around and says, "Look who's back for round two."

"How did I get here," you ask.

He looks at you, and while he's looking at you... Dr. Benzedrine touches Mr. Sandman on the back, and Mr. Sandman collapses to the floor.

Dr. Benzedrine looks at you, and you ask, "What are you going to do to me?"

"It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you," he says.

He unties the rope, and Mr. Sandman disappears.

"Follow me. I need to tell you some things,"he says walking out the house.

You hesitantly follow him.

"What did you mean by my parents gave her up for adoption," you ask him.

"My parents are your parents. They gave you up for adoption in hope of giving you a normal life. It was going fine until he found you somehow," he says.

"This can't be real. I mean I just saw him disappear into thin air," you say.

"Technically he brought you here. It's a completely different dimension than the world you live in, " Dr. Benzedrine says.

You scratch your head and say, "Say if I do believe all this... is he going to come after me again?"

He shakes his head and says, "No. I put somewhere he can't escape. I think it's time for you to go now before people start noticing you."

"How do I get back," you ask looking around.

"I'll do that, but you want remember anything about any of this," he says fiddling with his hat.

"I don't even think I want to remember," you mumble.

He nods and lays his hand on your shoulder. That takes you back to your bed where you sleep soundly.