The Masquerade Ball

"Okay, you can turn around now," your mom says.

You turn around and look at yourself in the mirror.

"Wow," you say as you stare at the stranger in the mirror.

You have on a black butterfly mask, a black semi poofy black ball gown, and black gloves on. Your hair's curled and pinned back.

"Are you ready for the masquerade ball the mayor's throwing," you mom asks.

"No," you mumble still staring at yourself.

She laughs and says, "Well you better hurry... it starts in twenty minutes."

                                  Thirty minutes later

You walk in the mansion that the ball's being held in. There's a string band playing on stage.

'Wow, what a good way to bore us to death,' you think to yourself.

You laugh a little, and a man wearing a black suit and a black mask walks up to you.

"What's so funny," he asks smiling.

'Wow, he's freaking hot... even if I can't see his whole face,' you say in your head.

In real life, you're frozen... you have no idea how to respond.

"I umm I.... it's funny how they went all out for this," you say weirdly laughing.

"Yeah, but it's romantic," he says.

You can see his face turning red under the mask.

"I guess it is," you say tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

"Would you ummm like to dance," he nervously asks.

"Sure, but the music's kind of slow to do the cupid shuffle or the creep," you sarcastically say trying not to laugh.

"I remember that video. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen..... but I meant would you like to slow dance with umm me," he asks smiling.

"Oh yeah sure," you say getting butterflies in your stomach.

He nervously takes your hand and leads you to the dance floor. He hesitantly wraps his arms around your waist, and you nervously wrap your arms around his neck.

"So what's your name," he asks.

"If I told you then you would probably make fun of me," you say looking over his shoulder.

"Now why would I do that? I'm not one of those ignorant  ass holes, who are mean to everyone," he says looking you right in your eyes.

"Fine, my name's (Y/N)," you sigh.

"Nice to meet you (Y/N). My name's Spencer," he says as you two spin around.

"Nice to meet you too Spencer, " you say blushing.

You've heard of him. He is Brendon Urie's best friend since pre k. He's also has ties to the stoners. As you two are dancing,  he starts to hum.

"You sing," you shyly ask.

"I mostly play drums, but I do sing a little bit," he says blushing.

"Oh cool. For what band," you ask looking up at him.

"Oh it's not a big band... we just play and practice in a basement, but we're called Panic! at the Disco," he says.