New town, New friends

◇

The outer banks, paradise on earth. Bullshit.
That's all I had to say.
Nothing worse in my opinion.

"Sweetie, cheer up. We all need a change." Mum says causing me to roll my eyes at her.

Change. That's how all bad decisions happened, everyone knew that. Oh, how I would give everything to be back in California right now.

"Your mothers right, Mia. This is what's best for all of us." Dad says as he looks at me through his rear view mirror.

I scoff at his words as I shove my headphones into my ears and turn the music up. I did have to say, the weather seemed nice here but it wasnt any better than California. All this over a better business opportunity.

The car pulls into a massive driveway of a giant mansion like house which resembled the one we had back home. The car pulled to a stop as I felt the engine turn off.

"Mia, we're here!" Called Mum as she climbed out the car causing me to sigh.

I push the car door open climbing out looking up at the big White House as I kick the car door shut. I make my way into the house as Dad smiles at me.

"Sweetheart, come here." He ushers me over causing me to groan.

"What's up, daddy?" I ask as I place my hand on my hip as I look up at him.

"Try to be nice to your mother. I know this wasnt ideal for you but it will benefit us." He says sweetly.

You see, I was definitely daddy's little princess. Many would say I was the typical rich girl. I was an only child, daddy's little girl who always got what she want when she wants it.

"Come on, let go check out your room. I gave you the best one." He says as he places his hand my my back and guides me up the stairs.

The house looked lovely and modern. The marble floor and staircase went well with the white walls. The colour scheme was bright and clean but the small gold details on the walls made it look too expensive to touch.

"Here we are." Dad says as he throws open a door to a beautiful big bedroom causing me to gasp.

"Its bigger than your old one and is fully kitted out with new furniture." He says as I step in look around the beautiful room.

The walls were a lovely blush colour with a glass door leading out to what looked like a balcony. A beautiful light grey velvet queen sized bed leant against the right wall with a silver glossy bed side cabinet on each side. They were both decorated with beautiful blush lamps. The wall next to the bed had a silver glossy vanity cabinet and a white cushion chair.