Fantasy or Reality?

◇

Does anyone else just love the feeling of growing close with someone?
Like you've finally found your place and you never want to leave.

The door bell rang causing me to spring down the stairs. Could this be them? Oh please be them. I pull the door open to see JJ stood their smiling.

"Mia, who is it?" Dad asks as he comes towards the door.

"Who this?" He asks as his whole posture changes as he looks from me to JJ.

Oh please, dont be over protective dad now.

"Dad, this is one of my friends. JJ. The others are in the van." I says as I stand their looking at JJ who seemed pretty awkward.

"Hel--hi." JJ says causing me to giggle and him to glare at me.

"So, where are you taking my daughter  JJ?" Asks dad causing me to groan.

"You dont have to answer that. Goodbye, dad." I say as I push JJ out and follow him.

"Be safe!" Calls dad causing me to nod.

"Well that wasnt awkward." JJ states as he climbs in the front of the van as I join Pope and Kie in the back.

"You handled it okay. Hel-Hi." I say repeating what he said in a pitchy voice.

"I dont sound like that." JJ groans causing me to laugh.

"What's wrong?" Asks Pope confused as John b start to drive.

"Oh nothing. JJ just met my dad." I say with a smirk causing Kie to laugh.

"Let me guess. He went over protective." Asks Kie smiling.

"Only slightly." I say causing JJ to groan.

"Its okay. My dad did the same. I just thought JJ grew out of being awkward." Kie says causing me to laugh.

"Hey, in my defense. I've only ever met two girls that I hang around with dad. And that's mia and you Kie." JJ points out causing me to smirk and shake my head.

"Hey, John b. Why didnt you tell me you got fired?" I ask as i look at the boy.

"Bro, you got fired?" Asks JJ confused.

Clearly none of them knew.

"Yeah and it just wasnt important at the time." John b brushes off.