Midsummers

◇

Sometimes you just have to take a risk.
Whether it is a small risk or a big risk.
But that risk may just be the best thing in your life.

I peacefully roll over in bed as I slowly opened my eyes adjusting to the bright light. I look infront of me to see JJ peacefully sleep like nothing could harm him in the world.

When in fact, everything could. His father beat him, he was constantly in fights with the Kooks and that pained me. I gently lift my hand and brush the hair from his eyes lightly.

His blonde scruffy hair hung low over his eyes which were peacefully shut. I watched as his chest moved slowly up and down.

I smiled as my mind drifted to the events of last night. How was it possible that me and JJ went from hating each other to whatever we were now? Friends?

"Its rude to stare, Mia." JJ grumbles pulling me from my thoughts as he slowly opens his eyes.

"Sorry." I apologise and I go to pull my hand away causing him to grab it and wrap his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"No, dont stop." He silently begs placing my hand back into his hair causing me to smile as I run my hand through his hair causing him to smile.

"I could get used to this." JJ says as he smirks down at me causing me to chuckle lightly before resting my head on his bare chest.

"How are you feeling this morning?" I ask him as I draw gentle circles on his chest as he copied my motion on my bare hip.

"Better. And you?" He asks causing me to think.

"Better." I say with a small smile.

We laid there enjoying the peace and each others company. Our naked bodies pressed against each other. For once it was just us two.

"Do you wanna know something, JJ?" I ask quietly breaking the silence still debating whether or not to tell him.

"What?" He asks as he glances down at me causing me to tilt my head up to look him in the eyes.

"You're the first person I've slept with since Darran." I say quietly letting it out.

This however made JJ sit up causing me to sit up as well letting the blanket fall off of me revealing my chest. Did I say something wrong?

"You've not slept with Rafe?" He asks surprised causing me to shake my head.

"Rafe is nice but hes just a friend. But lately hes been acting different." I say as I give JJ a puzzled look.

"So, I'm the first person since...." JJ says trailing off.

"Yeah. You're the first person I've trusted like that." I say quietly, not looking at him.