It wasnt him

◇

Making a rash decision doesnt make you stupid or a fool.
It sets you free from the cage you put yourself in to make yourself feel safe.

"Hey, Pope, theres someone here to see you." Heyward calls causing us all to look up.

"Evening officer." Pope says worried as I step closer followed by JJ.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Shoupe says as he hands Heyward some paper.

"What?" Asks Heyward shocked.

"Hands where I can see 'em." Shoupe says to Pope causing me to look between them.

I instinctively stand infront of Pope as if I was trying to protect him.

"Young Lady, out of my way." Shoupe says as he gives me a sad look.

"Whoa. Shoupe, whatd he do?" Asks Heyward confused.

"Take a look at the warrant." Shoupe says causing me to head over to Heyward reading the warrant over his should.

He sunk toppers boat?

"You're arresting him?" Kiara says shocked as Shoupe stands to cuff Pope who was panicking.

"You're just arresting my boy?" States Heyward shocked.

"Shoupe stop this." I say as I try to convince the officer.

"Be careful." Kiara says worried for Pope.

"Shoupe, are you listening?" Asks Heyward annoyed.

"Anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law." Shoupe says as Pope gave me a scared look.

"Shoupe, let go of him. He didnt do this." I say as he continues to read Pope his rights.

"You have the right to an attorney." Shoupe continues.

"How much did they pay you, man?" Asks JJ angrily.

"Yeah, because I'll pay you double to let him go." I say raising my voice as I worry for Pope.

I saw Pope looking around like this was the end which I was for him. If he got arrested he wouldnt get his scholarship which means he could kiss goodbye to his future.

Shoupe was leading Pope out side as everyone was shouting and fight to stop him. Shoupe pushed JJ back harshly causing me to try.

"You cant just arrest him." I say to shoupe as I walk next to him.

"I have a warrant. Yes, i can." Shoupe says.

"What evidence do you have? If you dont have any it's there words against his." I state as I try to get Pope free.

"Weve got photographic evidence. I'm sorry Mia." Shoupe says as he gives me a sad look.

Heyward holds JJ back as Kiara stood shouting at Shoupe as I followed. I saw the keys to shoupes car on his belt causing me to grab them.