Its not there

◇

The thrill we get from the chance of adventure can comes so quick and be so overwhelming.
But when that thrill disappears and reveals the truth, its hurts more than ever.

"You ready?" I ask John b as I lean against the side of the boat next to him.

"What if it's not there?" He asks doubting everything.

"We didnt come this far for nothing." I say causing him to smile.

"If it's not there. We'll just rethink. Maybe we got it wrong." I say causing me to nod.

"Thanks." He smiles.

"What for?" I ask confused.

"For being the sunshine on a rainy day." He says causing me to smile as he laughs.

"That was very cringy, wasnt it?" He laughs causing me to do the same.

"Definitely." I laugh as we go further out.

"Keep the quoting to Pope." I advise causing him to nod in agreement.

"All right, JJ. Pin it here." Calls John b from outside as I watch JJ steady the boat.

"Roger that! X Mark's the spot." JJ says as he glances at me.

"Howd you learn to drive a boat?" I ask curiously causing him to look at me.

"John bs dad, Big John, taught us and then we had tests for jobs." JJ explains causing me to nod in understandment.

"Its a lot harder than it looks." JJ adds as I nod my head.

"I bet it is. I think I'll just keep to driving my jeep." I say as I stand up causing me to smirk as I walk outside.

"Mia, do you want to keep track of how far dow  we are?" John b asks causing me to nod and take the chalk from his hand and stand next to Kie.

"To going for Kook." John b says as he puts the drone in the water and gives the wire to Kie.

"All right, jj, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." Orders John b as I watch the wire.

The wind started to pick up as I made my first chalk mark for 100 feet as I see the red mark on the wire kie was feeding into the water.

"One hundred feet." I call.