Friends?

◇

There is a time in your life when you realise that you need to just wash away your past.
My realisation was a little later.
But, better later then never, right?

I tossed and turned quietly next to Kie as I tried to get to sleep. Clearly my body had other plans as I couldn't.

I laid there staring at the ceiling just thinking everything over, I had nothing better to do.

I had come here to get a fresh start, to get away from my past and yet it had followed me here. Could I ever escape it? Or was it best to just accept it and move it like everyone said?

My mind went to my parents. Then werent bad at all, yes they wasnt there in my hard time but they didnt know how to react. No one did. Not even me. I knew that they would be at home worried. I hadnt had any contact with them since my argument with mum.

Then my mind recalled the events since I moved here. How everyone is telling you who you can and camt be friends with? Who's dangerous and not? I'm a Kook. I was supposed to trust the Kooks and stay away from the Pogues. But some strange part of me felt more at home than ever with the Pogues.

Was that why I had turned up to the Wreck when I had no where else to go? Cause no matter what situations they put me through they were the only thing constant. They had each others backs and they now had mine.

I glanced over to Kie who was sleeping peacefully causing me to sigh and kick the blanket off and get out of bed. Perhaps if I had a glass of water it might help. Maybe just clear my mind before sleeping.

I silently tip toed into the living room that was connected to the kitchen. My eyes immediately landed on a shirtless sleeping JJ. He looked so peaceful when he slept. Like nothing in the world bothered him. I quietly slip into the kitchen careful not to wake him up as I grab a glass.

I quickly turn the tap on getting some water when I hear a sleepy groan behind me causing me to turn the tap off and look into the room. JJ lazily looked into the kitchen before groaning and letting his head fall back on to the pillow for a second.

"Mia? What the hell are you doing awake?" He groggily asks in his husky voice.

"What time is it?" He adds as he sits up.

"I'm sorry. I didnt mean to wake you. It's like 3am." I say apologetically.

"Why are you awake?" He asks as he raises an eyebrow at me.

I walk over towards him holding the glass which he took from me and had a sip before passing it back causing me to chuckle and place it next to him.

"I couldn't sleep." I say just standing there awkwardly.

JJ nods before patting the bed causing me to look at him confused.

"Sit." He ordered.

He wasnt asking like John b did. He clearly wasn't leaving any room for objections. So I did as he said and saf on the end of the pull out looking at him.