Chapter 3 - Chi s'assomiglia si piglia

What did bodyguarding me entailed? Was he going to just stand by me every day or just lurk around? "Wait, Signore Bucciarati!" I called out to him, getting up in a hurry to join him in his stride. That man had long legs, making him quite fast if he wanted to. Fortunately, he stopped once I was by his side, which I felt grateful for since I was not going to keep following him around until we entered Libeccio.

"Could you be a bit more precise? What do you mean bodyguard? I've never had a problem with showing my stand before, why should I worry now?" I asked, looking up at him perplexed. His gaze softened, he understood the predicament I was in, he could only imagine the questions running inside my head. Smiling at me, he opened a zipper on the wall next to us before looking at again. "I will gladly go in detail about the whole situation after the dessert, it wouldn't be very polite of me to leave my fellow mafiosos hanging." He told me, adding a wink before slipping back inside through the zipper in the wall.

Shaking my head in bewilderment, I was still amazed by his strange ability to put zippers anywhere. Now I was curious what the others' stand look like, except Narancia who I had seen had some sort of plane. Walking back to the back door, I almost had a heart attack when I heard two cats had started fighting in the alley, before quickly going their separate ways once they heard my footsteps. Entering through the back door, I grabbed my apron and put it back on, making my way to Benito. "Hey, I'm back. I'm sorry it took so long I had a discussion with Bucciarati." I told him as I tied the apron around my waist, casually glancing at the small window of the lead to the dining area.

Benito looked at me with a smirk, "Oh you two talked? You know he's quite handsome, I wouldn't-" interrupting him quickly before he couldn't finish whatever train of thoughts he was having, I tutted him. "You know full well I did not mean anything like that, Zio." I chuckled, swatting him away playfully, he was right: Bruno was quite handsome, not only that, he seemed quite determined to keep his famiglia safe, which means he was loyal to his famiglia to the point of maybe threaten someone who looked too suspicious.

"Alright bambina, I'll prepare the desserts. You go get their empty plates." He said, pointing towards the dining area. Nodding, I left the kitchen and joined the mafioso once again. As I approached their table, I started with the Don like I did before, putting on the professional persona I smiled at him. Starting to make my way around the table to grab each plate, I asked "Was everything to your liking?" Being that Fugo, Mista and Narancia where in a heated conversation, Giorno interrupted his hushed tone conversation with his Capo and flashed me a bright smile, "It was perfect, as expected from Deangelo." He told me in his charming voice, it was very nice to hear, it was soft and gentle but also very poised, he knew what to say and how to say it, a mafia Don needed to be charismatic and he sure as hell did the job.

Humming, I continued stacking the empty plates, this time as I passed by Mista, he did not flirt which made a sigh of relief escape my lips. As much as Mista was obnoxious, I was more perturbed by Abbacchio's behavior, the fact that he did not talk most of the time and drank quite a lot of wine made me anxious as of how he'd react if anything was to go down. Would he do nothing? Would he go bonkers? But those questions did not matter, I was not going to get involved with any of these men more than I need to. As I grabbed Bucciarati's plate, I discretely stole a glance his way, only to notice he was also staring at me. I casually looked away, and heard a chuckle from one of the two before returning to the kitchen.

When I say I casually looked away, I can assure you that it was just a façade. Meeting the right-hand man's gaze was quite off-putting, he held a frightening calm look that send shivers down my spine and yet gave off a kind of warmth that you'd want to be closer to.