Chapter 12 - Tango

It didn't take me long to shower, but I stayed upstairs a bit longer than necessary to calm my fast beating heart. During my short shower I was able to think about the situation, what to do, or not, next. I considered texting Mista but I was still hesitant, of course if I did that, he would be too happy and definitely be cocky about. But on the other hand, I might need help with handling everything, talking about it might help, right?

Falling back on the bed, I exhaled "Ugh, what do you think Yesterday?" I asked out loud, seeing their form appear in front of me. They were staring at me with their usual empty eyes but I sensed their excitement, I guess my stand was pretty satisfied with how this turned out for now. I knew they had a connection with Sticky Fingers so of course they were going to support anything concerning his user.

"I should call them, right? We're friends, so they should know... we're friends right?" I pondered to myself, turning to my bedside table to grab my phone but remembering I had left it downstairs. With a heavy sigh, I stood up and opened the door, peeking my head to the stairwell I saw Bruno's back was turned and he was by the stove. Activating Penny Lane, I made my way down the stairs in silence, sneaking around to grab my phone without a noise.

Once I had it, I turned around and stepped towards the stairs, "I'll be done in 15 minutes, be there on time, cara." I heard Bruno say without facing me. That man had eyes behind his head, there's no way he heard me, spooky. With a small 'okay' I made my way upstairs and slumped back on my bed, unlocking my phone and without giving it a second thought I pressed the call button of the group chat.

It only rang two times before someone picked up, "Coda??" Mista – "Who thought it be a good time to call?" so that's what Trish's voice sounded like? The screen was black for a moment, but then her face popped on the screen. She seemed very familiar, but I had no idea where I had seen her. Oh, right I had to talk, "Hi Mista, nice to meet you Trish," I said sheepishly, a nervous laugh escaping my lips as I waved at the camera. I regretted making a video call, but it allowed me to gauge their reaction.

I had never talked to Trish but the fact that she didn't hang up on me when I did a group call was a first step towards friendship, I think. "Yo is everything okay, bella?" Mista asked, worried painted over his face. The camera was very unsteady, but I could see his face in the corner and he wasn't wearing his beanie which was a first.

Chuckling to myself, I was staring at the ceiling with a stupid grin. "I'm good, it's nothing important. Uh..." I paused a moment, taking time to find my words. "Are you both alone right now?" that didn't sound ominous at all, way to go. If that doesn't get them sat least a bit worried, I don't know what will. "Yeah, I was at rehearsal but I got time," Trish said casually, closing the door of the room she was in. From what I heard Mista had also done the same, expect less delicately, he had slammed the door then took his phone back with even less finesse.

"The coast is clear, no one in the room bella." He said, his face very close to the camera, while grinning like an idiot. They were both very attentive now, which kind of put some pressure. I didn't want to say it out loud, it was embarrassing. When they didn't hear my voice for a moment, one of them spoke, "Are you still there, Coda?" asked the gentle voice of Trish. Moving the camera so that they couldn't see me, I started writing down. 'It's about Bucciarati' sent.

Their eyes focused on the screen, they read out loud the message that appeared. Wait for it... "Girl, come on tell us." "CODA SPEAK RIGHT NOW! YOU CAN'T LEAVE US HANGING" he yelled in the phone, overexcited. Chuckling I peeked at the camera, speaking softly "I've come to a conclusion." I said, tapping again on the screen to write down. By the look on their face they were expectant. '10/10 crush. Might be love.' Sent.