Chapter 15 - Attraction

The feeling on something on my back was what woke me up in the morning. Not the sun, not the warmth, but something like a caress on my back. I didn't want to open my eyes, it felt so nice I wanted to enjoy it longer, hiding my face further in my pillow I tried not to move too much in fear it'd stop. "You're finally awake, amore." I heard a rumble close to my ear, along with a chuckle. I didn't respond, I should fake being still asleep, it's comfortable. Wait, that was too close to my ear-

Opening my eyes required a lot of efforts, but once I did, I noticed an intricate design close to my face. Focusing, it took time for my brain to understand that my head was resting on Bruno's chest. Bruno's chest. My head. Wait. I blamed my morning brain for my reaction time, but I quickly put my hands on him to sit up in haste. Staring at him a moment, he smiled softly but didn't speak right away. His hand was still on my back but none of us moved.

"Didn't mean to," I then mimicked sleeping on his chest, my sentence-making abilities in the morning were awful. I needed at least half an hour to be able to hold a proper conversation. Laughing softly, he rubbed my back some more, "It's quite alright, I didn't want to wake you up. You seemed very comfortable." He told me with a smirk as he looked down at my hands, that were still on his chest before looking back at me tenderly.

Oh right, I should move them. Yeah. Doing so, I put my hands on my lap and quirked a brow at him, "What time is it?" I needed a glass of water; my mouth was dry and I'm sure my speech was not articulated at all. Trailing his hand from my lower back to my thigh, he took one of my hand in his and replied with his usual smile "Eleven. We should probably get out of bed," he started but I interrupted him before he could continue. "Eleven? Wasn't Abbacchio supposed to come at eight?" I asked a bit confused.

I didn't want to face the silver-haired man's usual frustration, just because I had slept in way past the time he was supposed to arrive. I had barely woken up 5 minutes ago and I was already sore all over from thinking of training with Abbacchio. "He hasn't arrived yet; I'm guessing he's still not over last night's heavy drinking." He explained softly, brushing his thumb over the back of my hand as he spoke. I didn't move, instead I frowned. I needed to train every day or else I wouldn't be ready when the day of the Ball comes. "But then, when do I train?" I tried to mask the urgency I felt, but it was hard in the morning to handle anything.

"We'll train together. That is, if you'll have me." The smirk displayed on his lips showed he knew I was not going to refuse that, how could I? Looking to the side I shrugged before tightening ever so slightly, my grip on his hand. "I'm sure I can handle you. Abbacchio is the worst, so yeah. I'll take you." I stated before meeting his eyes again, my neck reddening. "In a fight- I'll take you in a fight. Not a real one, but I'll train yeah. That." I told him quickly as I backed out of the bed slowly, adding that I was going to get change and get ready for the day.

Hearing him laugh brought a strange feeling in my guts, but I didn't mind, he had the most beautiful laugh. Every time I'd hear it my heart would flutter, and for just a moment I'd would smile, but then I'd cover it quickly. After getting changed, I went to the kitchen just like every morning. It was always surprising to see him in the kitchen before me, I thought I was quick but he was faster and already cooking something.

Perhaps he skipped a few steps in his routine just to make us food, which reminded me, "Do you still do pushups?" I asked as I stepped inside the room, looking over his shoulders he quirked a brow. "I mean- first things first: hi." I told him quickly with an awkward smile as I sat on the counter by his side, "I didn't know you wanted to see me sweating so bad, cara." He told me lightly, busying himself with the ingredients, but I saw the smirk adorning his features. Shaking my flushing head, I tried to justify myself, "I meant- when you were in my apartment, right? You'd do pushups in the morning, I remember because the first time I caught a glimpse of it I-" I stopped myself, muttering a 'nevermind'.