Chapter 9 - Capo

Everything around me was dark. I was surrounded by nothingness and I was alone. Out of the darkness something took a hold of my ankle, then my thigh, then my shoulder. I was forcefully pulled back, I couldn't escape it, I heard a muffled screech somewhere in the distance but it was miles away. I couldn't set free from the grasps all over my body. I tried to fight it, in vain. I tried to scream but something covered my mouth. A light lit up a few meters away, Bruno was there, smiling but his expression contorted in one of pain quickly after. Blood sputtered around him and on the floor, I couldn't do anything. "There won't be a next time." I sardonic voice echoed.

Waking up suddenly, I put a hand on my chest and felt my heart beat rapidly. A nightmare? I haven't had one in years, I thought as I sat up with a sigh. I was in Bucciarati's bed, but the sheets had been changed and were down fully black. Not knowing were the alarm clock was, I thought I'd leave the bed, but felt a weight on my legs. Confused, I peeked under the cover and saw that Timo was sleeping against my leg. It should be illegal to be this cute, I was now bound to stay in bed.

Stretching my arm towards the bedside table I grabbed my phone, and took the camera out, then snapped a picture of Timo to show Bruno later. Unlocking my phone to check the picture, I saw I had a text from Mista who asked if was able to catch some sleep. Grimacing, I wrote him back, 'Once Bruno woke up, I actually fell asleep, so now I'm awake, in bed and stuck with this little guy.' I joined the picture I had just taken and pressed sent.

Now I voluntarily omitted the fact that I had fallen asleep in Bruno's arm, because knowing Mista he'd mention being my wingman again, and tease me. But I suppose I also didn't tell him because I felt embarrassed. God I was such a mess this morning. Taking a nap had greatly lowered my stress and I was now, hopefully, fully in control of my emotions. Thinking back to how close we were in the bathroom; I felt a wave of warmth travel through my body. Scoffing, I mocked myself: if this if how you react to being close to him imagine your reaction if you kissed him.

Covering my face in embarrassment I felt my phone vibrate which brought me back to reality. Mista had replied, 'So many things are wrong. / First, why are you not dressed???/ Second: is that Bucci's bed?? 😏/ Finally: WHY DO YOU HAVE A BANDAGE? 😱' I stared at the screen a moment. I thought I was playing it smart by not telling him everything, but now I understood that I had to tell him most of the story if I didn't want him imagining inappropriate things. With a sigh I pressed the call button and leaned back on the pillows.

It must have rung two times before Mista answered, "Why good morning bella, care to explain?" while I was said with a playfully and relaxed tone, I could still hear some concern. "Long story short?-" as I was about to give him the shortest story, he'd ever heard he tutted, I could hear a smirk as he spoke "Details, bella. I need every detail. It's not every day someone end up naked in our Capo's bed." He teased. Choking on my spit I babbled, finding it hard to find the appropriate words. "I'm not- jesus fuck Mista I'm not naked!" he laughed openly at my shock, but I continued "There's no point in arguing, I'll just tell you how it went down..."

I then proceeded to tell him everything that had happened, starting with how I noticed I was wounded, to vaguely mentioning how I took care of Bruno's dirty body. I really just brushed the topic of having stripped him to his underwear, but mentioned that I had broken down out of weariness yada yada. Surprisingly enough, he didn't interrupt me once, but when I was done, I heard him inhale loudly. "I only have one question, bella." He breathed out too close to the phone.

Chuckling, I told him to go ahead and ask, the bed so comfortable I was slowly falling back to sleep until I heard Mista's question. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how strong it your crush on our Capo?" He was smiling behind that screen; I could hear it clear as day, he was even mocking me for my text last 'night'. For my part, not that I'd admit it, I was blushing madly but before answering him I composed myself and thought about it for a moment.