Chapter 32 - Believe

TW: graphic depiction of gun related things; Bit of child abuse from Diavolo ; Angst ;Trauma; Death; Hospitals

The underground was done, everyone had been taken care of; As we reached the ground floor, everything was quiet. No one was around to welcome us with weapons or threats, it was empty. All of us were speechless as we looked around, in silence, at first, then Ghiaccio had to complain. "Where are those assholes? I wanted to fight, where are they!" Walking in some more, he angrily slammed his fist inside the wall, freezing it entirely. I sighed at how loud he was, and turned towards Prosciutto that stood next to me with his arms crossed. "We'll split. Ghiaccio and I'll go upstairs, you should all check how's Team 5 is doing, maybe help them." He stated before letting his arms fall to his side as he joined Ghiaccio's side, gesturing him with his head to follow. The blue-haired man didn't have to be told twice and he quickly trailed by his friend's side.

"Now it's just us, versus the world!" Mista said out loud as he threw his arms around Abbacchio's shoulders then mine, pulling us close. Almost at the same time, we pushed ourselves off of him, "And the world doesn't wait, so better focus Guido." It earned me a fake-wounded gesture from the gunman just from using his very name, doing so he added that I should either call him handsomest man ever or just Mista but never mock his name. Laughing, I was about to answer when Bruno spoke up, the steps of the two members that left us finally dying out once they reached upstairs. "We're on the ground floor, it means that through those doors," he pointed at the big wooden doors on our left, "There Risotto and Narancia, and that those doors," this time he pointed at two glass-doors, one straight ahead of us, the other right behind us. "lead to the garden, so that means Team 1 and Team 3." Both humming in understanding, we waited for him to continue his explanation but he paused, taking a good look around.

The room, ironically, was very warm and bright. Even though the sun was slowly setting, the lights inside the wide room brought such welcoming aura, one couldn't have guessed the things happening underground. Or the actions that committed the owner of this residence. Tapestry on the ground and on the walls, yellow lights hanging on a chandelier from the ceiling, everything made it cozy. But we knew better, nothing could stop this odd feeling that coursed through my body; This was a mission to take down people that were dealing drugs, they took members from our family, they- I don't even know what they did really... they ruin my home? They made me feel unsafe, all of this seemed more personal than anything else. But it was not time to question my actions yet, maybe I could ask more question to the person responsible for this. Maybe.

In the time it took me to think, Mista had peeked through the big doors and had come back with a wide smile. "They're fine, they're finishing up then resting a bit- there's quite a handful of people dea- down, down..." he had held back from saying dead when his eyes met mine, and I held back from rolling my eyes. I was not a little girl, but I suppose he was trying his best to shield me from the atrocities that were happening outside, the bloodshed, the massacre, people that believed that they were doing something right and died for it- were we doing the right things? We are the mafia; how can we be right? Are the on the wrong side? What is Vendetta Rossa's goal? What do they want? So many questions, I was getting in my head and I now was not the time to do that, doing it made me lose track of our goal. So, I shook away those thoughts I focused back on the discussion that was happening in front of me.

"Then it's settled, while Ghiaccio and Prosciutto are checking upstairs, we'll see what's going on with Giorno and the rest of the teams outside." Bruno said with a curt nod before opening the closest glass-door next to us. It slid open easily, and we were met with the cold wind outside alongside the smell of wet stone, slugs and snails; The common smell after a heavy rain. There were small stones on the grass that laid a path to follow probably leading to the back garden. Since we did not see anyone around us, we walked further in. Sighed and rubbed my hands on my arms at the humid wind that blew; even though the rain had stopped, the weather was still cold for a summer night but we had to go through. I had this strange feeling in my guts, while some of us got wounded down in the lower levels of the mansion, it was barely anything. We were almost unscathed and that was the frightening part. I knew it couldn't be true, but I did not want to jinx it, so I kept it to myself.