Chapter 27 - How to get rid of mold

TW: Mention of non-consensual drug use. (As usual, it never ends badly, I'm very kind. It is not super detailed.)
Mention of torture for them traitors. (Short description, not detailed, not gore)

Short hot scene in bold

Stepping inside the room, I tried to hold back my amazement. The room was very dark, but dimly lit by old looking lamps. In the middle of the room stood a large oval ebony table, surrounded by enough leather seats for us all to sit. A larger seat was at one end of the table, probably Giorno's. To the right there was a fancy looking bar, where a few men were already hanging- is that Formaggio and Melone? Turning my look elsewhere, I was expecting the air to be heavy and tensed, but it was the exact opposite. People were talking among each other, relaxed; There were of course many groups, faces I recognized, other I don't, but what they had in common was the deadly aura around them. They could act as casual as possible, they were all deadly assassins, and a hair dye could not change that fact. As we walked around the table, my eyes wandered about the room, meeting the man from earlier, he was watching intently which made me uncomfortable but I hid it. Keeping my head high, I stared back a moment then turned my head to face forward, looking as impassible as possible. I had met a lot of those people, but one of them stood out; He was sitting one seat away from Abbacchio and holding a turtle, cooing to it, it was odd but at the same time I sometimes talked to pets even though they did not understand. I also noticed he was very tensed, but it made sense, the man was sitting tight next to Cioccolata and even though he was talking with his... pet? He was still gross. Discretely taking a closer look at we walked pass them, the pink-haired man seemed to be almost as stressed as I was, if not more. Oh, good to know there are people in the same situation as I am, I thought lightly. Hearing Bruno's voice next to me, I looked up, "Leone, could you-" Abbacchio did not even let him finish that he cut him off, "I'm not moving. She can sit there," he pointed nonchalantly to the seat between him and the pink-haired man. Sighing, Bruno leaned in, murmuring something I couldn't hear. "I'm fucking, fine, I just don't want to move." As the capo was about to insist, I pulled him closer to me, "It's alright, you're not far. It's just a meeting, nothing much could go wrong." Giving me a look filled with fondness, he asked me if I was sure. "Yeah, you're the right-hand man, I'm just a subordinate, it makes sense that sit a bit further. Wait- that looks like I'm complaining, but I'm not, it just really makes sense." Chuckling, he cradled my face in his hands, I tried to look around in panic with such a display with a full room of his 'colleagues'. He then kissed me shortly, "Thank you. I'll have a talk with him, something is definitely bothering him." Letting his hand caress my arm, he then let me go and asked Abbacchio to follow him.

Now left to my own device, wandering about definitely did not cross my mind once. I could have joined Narancia and the rest of the gang, but then I would have just been standing there, and that could draw attention. No, I won't do that. Instead I pulled back the seat next to the pink-haired man then waited. I'll admit, I did not wait long, after about two minutes, I started drumming my fingers on my thighs then stopped and opted for resting my arms on the arms of the seat. Was I starting to get anxious? Yeah, a bit, but I barely had time to think about it that my phone vibrated. Checking what it was, there was a text from Mista, he was asking me if I was ok, telling me I could join them while we waited. Lifting my head, I met his face and saw he was moving his arms as to gesture me to come; Giving him a smile, I shook my head then responded, 'Nope, too stressed, if I stand up, I'll also stand out. What's taking so long?' I sighed as I sent the text. I was patient, no matter the circumstances, but being surrounded by assassins made you a lot more aware of yourself. 'Giorno's having a / tetatete 👀 with everyone / then the meeting will start.' A snort escaped my nose, I was quick to cover my mouth before texting back, 'Do you mean tête-à-tête? Like, he's having a one on one meeting with his men?' Sent. Looking around, I observed people around the room as they interacted with each other. Sometimes some people would leave then come back, most of the time it was like an exchange. One would get in, then another one would go. Once my eyes had crossed the table, they settled back on my phone where Mista had answered, 'Pardon my French, Madame speaks French now / but yeah, that. / there is still at least 15 people to check / he barely started, fun times / join us! You're bored, I see it.' Looking at him, I told him no, and mouthed him that I was good. He then shrugged and returned to his discussion. How long can it take to talk with all of your subordinates to see where they stand? Pondering a moment, I sighed, a long time. A very long time. "Are you ok?" a soft voice close to me asked.