Chaper 21 - Touch me

When everyone left the house, the light-heartedness that their presence brought, disappeared with them. I felt heavier, I was alone with my thoughts again, something I didn't want at all. I was still looking at the door and kept thinking; I didn't feel as bad as yesterday night, I did not feel the urge to cry, I simply felt odd. I wasn't planning on moving, until I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Are you alright my love?" With a slow blink I focused back on the moment and turned around, meeting Bruno's tender expression. It brought a small smile to my face and I nodded, "I'm..." I pondered a moment, because I was not entirely okay but I was not on the brink of breaking either. "I could be better, but right now I need to take my mind off things, I think? I don't really know what to do with this weird feeling in my guts to be honest." I told him in all honesty starting at him in disarray, hoping he'd understand. The capo wanted to help, but I don't even know what I needed. It was very confusing, but his presence helped, a lot. He nodded in response, letting his hand slide from my shoulder to the length of my arm to take my hand. "With time, it'll fade. I can promise you that." He told me softly before leading me to the living room before sitting down and patting the spot next to him.

"Wait, I have to grab my phone first. I don't know why Mista urged me to check it, but I'll have to charge it first." I explained. Bruno raised a hand to motion me to stop before I even had started making my way to the bedroom. "It's in the kitchen, I plugged it in last night before drawing your bath." I raised my brows in surprised and thanked him before shuffling to the kitchen with quiet steps. Once I had it, I went back to the living room and sat next to Bruno, leaving a little bit a space between us just in case he had enough of me sticking next to him all the time. Hearing him tsked, he let out a huff laugh before pulling me right against him, "Now that you're mine, there is no way I won't want you close to me, amore." He told me confidently, before turning my head his way and leaning forward, stopping just as his lips brushed against mine. "Can I kiss you?" a grin spread over my face, just as a blush did. "Yes, it's least I can do to calm down your urges." I teased him, earning a flustered expression from the raven-haired man before he pressed his lips against mine, his hands on my jaw before pulling away and leaning his forehead against mine with a chuckle. "Now that I know you're tasty, I want to know how you feel." He purred seductively.

I pushed his face away from mine with cheeks crimson red, "Don't say it like that, oh god." Looking to the side, I grabbed the files from the table and put them on his lap, "Work on this and occupy your dirty mind." I said playfully before checking my phone, I had tons of messages on the group chat with Trish and Mista, it seems I had not checked there in quite a while. Laughing lightly, Bruno opened the file whilst talking to me, "It's very much less entertaining to look at this than it is to look at you, cara." He hummed without even glancing my way, he knew I would react so I tried to stay composed. I would have to get used to it, or it was going to be hard to stay around him. So, I didn't response, instead I kept scrolling on the conversation. There were videos I had never seen, some older than a week or so, even a picture of the day I tried to take on Abbacchio. Mista really was a paparazzi, wasn't he? There was the video of my dumb karaoke, god that was a disaster. Something I'd rather try to no remember, yet I wanted to talk about it with Bruno. Know his input about this mess.

Handing him my phone to show him the preview of the video, not playing it of course that would be an embarrassment, I started, "Do you remember that awful moment last week?" Looking up from his file, focused, his expression softened and a smile painted itself across his face. "That was-" he chuckled softly, "Very adorable, your voice was beautiful." He continued but his chuckles slowly turned into a snort, "I'm sorry, I just- seeing how uncomfortable you were up there, I kept wondering why you accepted doing it." He explained before giving me back my phone delicately. "Before I go any further, don't mock me for asking I'm just trying to be sure but like... we're dating, right?" I asked. We never really said the words. Yes, we confessed but I felt like I had to be sure it was still going. I wondered if I could call him my boyfriend from now on, god I felt weird even thinking about it. He seemed astonished by my question before smiling fondly, with a nod. "We are. If that's okay with you, then I'll gladly call you my girlfriend, my partner." His tone was so sweet, I knew he meant it. Letting out a breath of relief, I gave him a curt nod of understanding. "I'd like that," my smile grew as I met his loving gaze, "Amore..." I said hesitantly, but quickly mumbled it sounded strange. Bruno thought otherwise as he lifted my chin, "I love it, call me whatever you like, it'll never sound strange."