Chapter 6 - Hold you

Waking up from such a peaceful night was, brutal to say the least. Hearing the usual alarm coming from my phone was something that sent pure hatred coursing through my body. For a moment I contemplated the idea of pressing snooze, but remembered I had to work today. As I was about to leave the bed, I realized I was once again in the couch, like the night before, except this time I had a sleeping Bucciarati on my body. His head was laying on my stomach, my hands was on his arm and I felt every exhale coming from his nose, tickling my stomach.

My heart started pounding in my chest once I understood the position we were in; fortunately, as I was about to pry Bruno's head from my person, I felt him stir and slowly sit up. Running his hand through his messy hair, he looked around, still drowsy, his eyes setting on me after a few seconds. We stared at each other a moment, being that we had both woken up barely a minute ago, none of us talked for a moment. "How did you sleep, cara?" he asked groggily, his accent thicker from not being fully awake yet.

It took a while for my mind to process his question, I was not the type of person that needed their morning coffee to be functional but I did require a bit of time before being able to hold a proper conversation. Holding a thumb up, I maneuvered my way legs out of Bruno's back and out of the blanket with some struggle, but I felt so much lighter once I felt the cool air out of the blanket. Getting out of the couch, Bruno held out his hand to help me out of it too. Gently taking my hand, he pulled me off the couch, then started tidying it up a bit.

"If I fall asleep on you next time, do wake me up cara." I'd be a lie if I said I didn't like his accent, therefore hearing it so strongly made my heart skip a bit, or two. Shaking my head, still groggy myself it took me a moment to gather my thoughts and formulate a proper sentence; "All good. I like sleeping with you, you're warm." I told him with a tired smile, grabbing my phone from the table before going on about my routine.

During work days I'd always wake up too early, that way I could take all the time I needed to get ready, eat breakfast and have a slow morning. Something I enjoyed with Bruno was that he was always calm and quiet, no matter the situation which was a true blessing when it was so early in the morning. I mean, I'm sure he could be wild if I knew him a bit more, but I still enjoyed his composed personality; it gave me peace and quiet before the rush of waitressing at Libeccio.

After having showered and gotten dressed, I felt much more awake and very less dead inside. As I passed Bruno's room, I peeked my head in it to tell him the bathroom was free to use but as the words left my mouth, I was met with quite the sight: the man was working out. Upon hearing my words, he finished his series of push-ups and stood-up, sweaty and breathing heavily. "Grazie cara, I'll be quick." He breathed, taking his clean clothes from his bed along with his shampoo and body gel, before leaving the room with hasty steps.

Goodness, I breathed out in a hushed tone. Even after having left the room, I could still remember the scene; his usually pristine appearance set in parallel with this wild, untidy and if I dared, sinful, appearance, was a sight to behold. If that was part of his routine, I would be wise to get up early every day and enjoy it while I can, I thought with a smirk. The less horny part of me, however, thought it'd be smarter to simply not pay attention to what I've seen; it was, as previously mentioned, part of his morning routine so it's bound to happen again, might as well get used to it.

To make use of my time wisely while Bruno was showering, I decided to prepare breakfast. I'll admit not being the greatest cook, but I did pride myself in being able to make some passable scrambled eggs. Taking the eggs from the fridge, I set the box down on the counter before stopping dead in my track. "There is no fun in cooking without a bit of music..." I whispered to myself, quickly making my way to the drawer next to my bed to grab my earbuds and returning to the kitchen in an instant. Not wanting to get caught off-guard by the mafioso, I put one bud in my ear and played the music.