Chapter 15

It struck Sei that he never knew Yuko's background, of course he already have all the information about Yuko. Her parents accident, where she live, her date of birth and so on. What he didn't know is why Yuko live all alone when she clearly have other relative that she could live with.

Why she work so hard, when she is just a teenager at that time until today. Meiling might know what happen, so Sei decide to ask Meiling about it.

"What happen to her?"

Meiling doesn't really want to tell him about Yuko's past but she knew that she could trust him.

"It's complicated."

"I want to know what happen."

"Ok, but don't you ever dare ask or mention it to Yuko about her past."

Sei just nod

"When she taking care of you, i bet you knew that she is a cheerful person. She always smile as if she doesn't have any problem at all"

"Yeah, but i once saw her sad and cry.?"

"What..really? When was that?"

Sei couldn't answer, how can he when he was the reason that she was sad.

He still remember what happen.

As if Meiling could detect his guilty, her voice turn cold.

"Your the one who did that right? She got sad and cry because of something that you said back then right?"

"Yeah...i'm really sorry."

"You don't have to say that to me, the one who  you should apologize is Yuko. Shes the one that got hurt not me."

"....."

Meiling close her eyes for awhile and then open them again, her voice turn to gently.

"Yuko is the type of person that is rarely to show her sadness nor crying because of something. She always smile as if nothing happen when the truth is she was actualy suffer so much. Back when we were 13, her parens got into an accident and die. She was all alone, of course she have others relative but who wants to add another mouth to feed into their house.Thats what they say behind her back"

"Is that the reason why she lives alone and also have to work part time job?"

"Yes....i was there for her. I want to be the person who can be her shoulder to cry to but she never did cry for what happen back then. She was still smiling and say that she could support herself. She is strong, she take all the hardship that happen in her life and turn it into her own determination to move forward. I admire her really, because she could still done everything in her own hands to be what she wanted to be. I really thought that she is a strong girl but i was wrong. The day that i saw how sad and broken she is, i understand that no matter how strong she is. Yuko  also a person who can get hurt, who can be broken."

There's a tear on Meiling eyes, she still remember how she saw that Yuko cry silently on the rooftop of their high school. She knew that the reason Yuko cry is because of Sei, why did she knew that? It was because when Yuko taking care of Sei, she always tells Meiling what she did and how happy she is to tell Meiling about Sei.

It seems that back then, Yuko had fall in love with Sei.

Sei stay silently and heard every word Meiling told him about Yuko. He knew that he broke her the day he rejected her and not only that but he also said something hurtful to her.