19| The Secret

Wyatt
THORNE

"I can't keep doing this," I said to myself as I paced in my room.

It felt like everything was spiraling out of control. When I moved back here from California, I didn't expect any of this. I didn't expect to confess to Lia how I felt. I didn't expect to kiss her. I definitely didn't expect to get a little sample of the passion we had once upon a time.

Kissing her and touching her only made me want her more. Every time I saw her-- hell, even when I was alone-- I could hear her moaning my name. I could feel her clutching my shoulders as she begged me for more. Fuck. I wanted to give her more. I wanted everything with her. That was the problem.

I still couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that she was engaged to my brother. I had a nagging feeling that there was something more going on there but I couldn't put my finger on it. Whenever I asked Logan about how he felt about her, and their future, he seemed to get a little nervous and he clammed up.

I don't know. It just felt like he was hiding something. If he was, did Lia know about it? She was too good of a person to be betrayed in anyway. Even though something happened between the two of us the other night, she wasn't a bad person. I knew she felt incredibly guilty about it. I did, too.

So where do we go from here? How do we do this? Even though I told her the truth about that night at graduation, I didn't tell her everything. Yes, she knows that I had, and still have, feelings for her; but it was more than that. It was more than lust and it sure as hell wasn't a fling or a meaningless affair. But I wasn't ready to admit that to her or myself.

I ran my hand over my face as the image of her in that wedding dress flashed through my mind. God, he was breathtaking. Not only that, seeing her in that white dress only made me regret what had happened four years ago even more than I already did.

Then there was the night of her surprise birthday party. I had no idea Logan was going to do that. As soon as I saw all those people downstairs, I knew it was going to bring on one of her panic attacks. I saw her flee to her bedroom and I couldn't help myself from going after her.

That seemed to be the common denominator in this whole issue. I couldn't seem to help myself. Not where she was concerned.

Knock-knock-knock

"Hey, it's me. Do you mind keeping Amelia company tonight? I'm heading out to hang out with some friends for a little while."

I frowned when I heard Logan's question come through my bedroom door. Where was he going? And what friends?

Deciding I was too tired to get into it with him right now, I pushed my own questions aside. "Yeah. Of course I will." 

"Thanks, man!" 

After I heard Logan leave, I changed my clothes into something more comfortable before I walked to Lia's room. I knocked on the door a few times. 

"Lia? You in here?" 

When she didn't answer, I opened her door and peaked inside. Her room was empty. She must be downstairs already. I shut her door and headed down the hallway before I descended the stairs. Maybe she would be up for a movie tonight. Or we could go somewhere. Nah-- she was out of the house all day today. Movie was probably a good idea.