Epilogue

Logan
THORNE

I lit another cigarette as I sat in the rocking chair on the porch of the cabin. 

"I thought you quit."

I glanced up at Grant. He shut the door of his car and walked towards me. "I thought you didn't want anything to do with me anymore." 

He stopped at the bottom of the porch and crossed his arms over his chest. He was wearing a pair of faded jeans and a blue polo. I'd be lying if I said he didn't look fucking good.

"That's no what I said, Logan." 

"No? Right." I sucked my teeth. "You're exact words were, 'I can't do this anymore, Logan. It's time we go our seperate ways'. Did I get it right?" 

Grant looked away briefly. I knew he wouldn't answer my question. "People are looking for you. You need to go home." 

I didn't doubt that they were looking for me. But they wouldn't find me here. No one knew about this place. Only Grant and I did. "I'm not going back. Not yet."

Grant threw me his sat phone. "Then you need to call your mom. She's freaking out." 

I threw the phone down in the chair next to me and took a drag of my cigarette. "Really? And how do you know that my mom is worried?"

Grant met my stare. "Amelia and Wyatt came to my hotel room."

He didn't need to elaborate. There was only one reason that Grant would show up here. The truh of that fact pissed me off a little. "He knows," I said flatly.

"Yes." 

I snorted, trying to act like this didn't faze me. In all honesty, it scared the hell out of me. "How did he take it?"

Grant stayed where he was. "He doesn't care, Logan. He cares about you. I had to convince him not to come with me to find you." 

Okay, that didn't surprise me. I knew Wyatt would be steadfast on coming along. It's a miracle that Grant got them to trust him. Then again, I trusted him, too. More than I should. I hadn't seen him since that night he came by the lake house. 

"Why are you here?" I asked in an angry whisper.

"Your mother invited me, Logan. I told you that." 

As much as I wanted him here, he needed to leave."I don't care. I told you, this can't keep happening. I—I need to figure some stuff out." Like how to live without you and get married to a woman I wasn't in love with.

Grant scoffed at me."You don't think I got my own problems to deal with? You aren't the only one who has to answer to someone else."

He wasn't wrong. He told me he was in a relationship with a woman back home. Vanessa, I think he said her name was. I guess we were both still pretending. 

Gran't face softened. "You are the one who told me to come up here, Logan. You are the one who reached out and asked to meet up with me."

Even though I didn't technically ask him to come when I texted him, it was my idea. I was so overwhelmed by this whole wedding thing and joining my father's company. So, I called Grant and wanted him to meet me. And he did. 

I ran his hands over my face. "I know. I know I did. But still, we--"

"Can't keep doing this," Grant finished for me. "Yeah, I got it."

"I need to get back to the party," I said softly. 

"I know. But Logan?" 

"Yeah?"

Grant reached out and pulled my lips to his. The kiss was longer than it should have been. I knew someone could see us any second. But I couldn't help it. I was lost to him. 

When we finally pulled apart, I looked him in the eye. "I'll call you later, Grant." 

I watched him driveaway and had the sinking feeling he was out of my life forever.

I pushed the memory aside and got to my feet. I watched Grant as I threw my cigarette out. 

"Were are you going?" he asked as I took a step towards the front door of the cabin. 

I pulled my shirt off over my head and threw it on the porch. "I'm going to take a shower. You coming or what?" 

I stood in the living room of the cabin and started unbuttoning my pants. I smiled to myself when I heard the front door open and close. I heart Grant's heavy footfalls as he came up behind me. When I felt him place his lips on the side of my neck, I moaned a little.

Grant always said he and I were inevitable. No matter how hard we tried, we seemed to always end up in each other's arms. This time...I was going to relish it. 

The End

Thank you for reading! Keep scrolling for more of The Lost Loves Series! 🖤