20| The Outside World

"Lia, you're hurt and upset. You don't know what you're saying." 

I looked into Wyatt's eyes. Oh, he wanted it. Just as much as I did. "Yes, I'm hurt. But I do know what I'm saying. I know what I want." 

I ran my hand up his chest to the back of his neck. His eyes slid shut and I felt a shutter rip through him. "What I want...is to not feel like this. I want to feel wanted. I want passion. I want to spend the rest of tonight not caring about anything other than myself and what I want."

He opened his eyes and his gaze roamed over my face. "Lia..." His voice was strained and raw with emotion. 

When he didn't continue I said, "Answer me this, Wyatt. If the outside world didn't exist-- if it was just me and you-- would you be with me tonight?" 

"Yes," he answered immediately. 

I leaned a little closer and brushed my lips against his. "Then do it, Wyatt. Make love to me. There's no outside world. Not tonight." 

I kept my lips where they were. Barely touching his. I wanted this more than anything. But I wasn't going to push him any further. If he wanted it, he needed to make the next move. I knew what I was asking him. I knew it wasn't fair. Or maybe it was. After all, Logan was with someone right this very second. I knew that fact didn't make what I was doing right. But I didn't care tonight. Not about anything other than the man standing in front of me. The one I've loved since I was fifteen. 

I gasped in surprise as I felt his hands on my waist. Then...bliss. He pulled me to him and took my mouth in a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to pull him as close to me as possible. I tasted the sweet taste of the wine he drank on his tongue. I sucked at it and he groaned into my mouth. 

His hands slid further down my body and he lifted me up in his arms. My legs wrapped around his waist instantly. The kiss got more heated as he carried me to the bed. 

He broke the kiss and smiled. "Stand up." 

My legs slid down his body slowly until they hit the floor. His eyes never left mine as he reached for the waistband of the jeans I was wearing. I felt it when the button came undone. I heard the light sound of the zipper as he tugged it down. A flaming heat shot through me all the way to my core. Why did my body only react this way to Wyatt and no one else? 

He pushed down my jeans and my panties. "Step out of them," he instructed. 

I placed my hands on his shoulders to keep my balance while I did as he asked. He threw my clothes to the side before he placed a soft kiss to my hip and stood back up in front of me. Next he pulled my shirt over my head. Then he reached around me and unhooked my bra. It soon joined my pile of clothes on the floor.

He ran a hungry gaze ovre me as I stood naked before him. "You're gorgeous, Lia." 

"So are you," I breathed. I reached for the bottom of his shirt. "And you're overdressed." 

I removed his shirt and took in the sight of his bare chest before I placed my lips on his skin. I could hear the accelerated pace of his heartbeat. Mine was beating just as fast. I slid my fingers down his abs until they reached the top of his jeans. I made quick work of getting him just as naked as I was. 

"That's better," I said with a smile. 

He returned my smile before he urged me to lay down on the soft mattress. He climbed on the bed and hovered above me. He stroked my bottom lip with his thumb. "Is this real?" 

My chest tightened at his question. I placed my hands on either side of his neck and looked into his eyes. "Yes, Wyatt. It's real." 

I lifted my head-- needing to feel him more than ever. I pressed my lips against his and ran my hands from his neck to his back. "I want you," I breathed.