32| The Deafening Silence

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Wyatt asked as he emerged from the hotel bathroom with a towel around his waist. 

"Like what?" I was laying on my stomach with my arms tucked under my chin—trying not to drool over the way the water dripped down his bare chest.

He stopped when he was in front of me. "Like you never want to leave this room." 

I got to my knees and wrapped my arms around his neck. I was still naked and he didn't seem to mind when chest pressed against his. "Maybe I don't want to leave this room." I looked deep into his eyes. "Is that a bad thing?" 

"No," he whispered. "It's a very good thing." 

He rested his hands on my waist and gave me a soft kiss. It didn't stay soft and slow for long. I moaned into his mouth, deepening the kiss as he brushed his tongue against mine. I could feel his erection under the towel pressing against my hip. What was crazy to me was—I went without sex for four years, and now, I couldn't get enough of it with Wyatt. No matter how many times we kissed, touched, or played...I would never get enough. 

"Want some breakfast?" he asked when he broke the kiss. 

I bit my bottom lip shyly. "Hmm. Pancakes? Waffles?"

"Whatever you want, Lia, you can have." He gave me a quick kiss. "Let's get dressed and we can make your wish come true."

I didn't say anything when he disappeared into the bathroom to change. I sat back on the bed—staring at the bathroom door that separated us. His words struck a cord inside me. Whatever I wanted...Well, that was simple. I wanted Wyatt. I've wanted him longer than the four years that we were apart. I couldn't keep doing this if he didn't feel the same way. I needed to know how he felt. I thought about our time together over the past few weeks; his words whispered through my mind. 

"Do you love me, Lia?" he asked again quietly. "Do you?"

I shook my head and backed away from him. "Wyatt, stop. I'm not having this conversation anymore."

He wasn't letting up. "Lia, do you love me?"

"Yes!" I answered on a choked sob. I felt the tears start to spill from my eyes. "Yes, I love you. I never stopped loving you, Wyatt. Does it make you happy to know that? Do you get some kind of satisfaction from knowing that?"

My chest ached at the memory. Then I thought about the times he expressed what he felt about me...

"I never told you I didn't have feelings for you, Lia." When he said that though, he didn't elaborate. 

Then what he said about me and Logan together..."I got sick the first time you told me. Then after, all I could think about was the two of you. I couldn't fucking sleep. I kept picturing him kissing you, touching you, making love you...I couldn't fucking handle it." 

"I was so fucking jealous. I wanted you-- God, I wanted you. But he had you."

When he said those things to me, I thought it was exactly what I wanted to hear. He wanted me. God, I've wanted to hear those words for as long as I could remember. Or at least...I thought those were the words. 

"Why do you call me that?"

He frowned and came to stand in front of me. "Call you what?"

My eyes met his. "Baby."

He blinked repeatedly, clearly surprised by my question. "I—does it bother you?"

I shook my head. I loved it, actually. "No, I'm just curious."

He reached out and tucked my hair behind my ear. "The first time it just...came out. I liked the way it sounded. I meant it. I care about you, Lia. More than anything."