cinq

reinwa

"soonyoung.." jisoo stood in front of the prince with an unamused face. it was a rare sight that only happened whenever he felt strongly about something. soonyoung stopped packing things into a small bag and looked up.

"what's up?"

"why did you tell your parents that you wanted to go alone?" he said, with slight worry present in his voice. "you never go anywhere alone. there's always at least a guard around or even me."

"two reasons," he said, holding up two of his fingers. "number one, i got a little too excited about traveling and it came out of my mouth." jisoo sighed. of course that's one of the reasons. "and number two, if there's guards or whatever around me, some people might act nicer around me because they might think i'm a prince. and i don't want that. i'm looking for someone who can rule the kingdom with me and i don't wanna end up marrying some fake person."

the blond haired boy nodded, "fair enough, but how long do you think you'll survive out there..." jisoo jabbed his thumb towards the window, "...when you've lived in luxury your entire life."

soonyoung thought about that question, "mmm... i guess i"ll be lucky if i come back alive." he answered with a dumb laugh. "i mean, just stay away from scary looking things, if there's a sign that says no entry don't enter it, to take candy from strangers... yeah! see? i'm good."

"are you kidding? how do you-

"shh!" soonyoung motioned for jisoo to stop talking. " stop worrying and let me pack. all your questions are distracting me.." jisoo silently watched as soonyoung packed. the things he were bringing along were... questionable. jisoo massaged his temples. there was no way he was letting soonyoung leave with someone.

"i'll be back in... sometime." soonyoung said to his parents at the castle gates. the queen looked worriedly at her son. "if i'm not back in 5 years, that means i'm dead." this made yoonsun even more anxious.

"dear... are you sure you don't want to take your servant along? or maybe a sword.. perhaps a horse? you can't possibly just walk everywhere.. don't you think it's a little late in the day? the sun is quite low in the sky... maybe you can leave tomorrow?
soonyoung waved off the offers.

"it's fine, i brought some gold with me. i should be able to survive." this made his mother worry even more.

the king quickly stepped forward and patted soonyoung gruffly on the back. "remember what your goal is son. don't get sidetracked." soonyoung nodded and reached over to hug his mother.

"don't worry," he whispered, "i'll be back before you even know it." the woman gave soonyoung a quick peck on the cheek and smiled.

"alright then, go find yourself that princess."

waving cheerily at his parents, soonyoung lifted his cloak over his head and headed off. as he walked through the familiar town, soonyoung took his time to look at the stores and the people. everything was going smoothly. see? he wanted to say to jisoo, there's nothing to worry about!

as he walked down the street closer to the kingdom walls, he crossed paths with a group of girls. they stopped in mid sentence when they saw soonyoung walk by. not paying attention, soonyoung continued walking. "your highness!" one of them called out.

soonyoung blinked and turned around. the group whispered excitedly.

"see? i told you i thought i saw the prince!"