soixante-quinze

nytis

"um.. hi. i'm song kitae." the man scratched his head nervously and looked over at junhui for a look of approval. the only thing he got was a facepalm from the guard. "some of you might recognize me as that little kid with the blue eyes running around and-

kitae quickly turned his head to in elbow and let out a small sneeze.

"-always sneezing." he laughed as he sniffed his nose. "believe it or not, i actually didn't die.. i was just deep underground, stuck in a tiny little room. but.. i'm out now and apparently i'm suddenly the king."

the citizens standing below all had small smiles of amusant hanging in their faces. they couldn't help it, kitae was the most un-king like king out there.

"i know that some of you are wary of me. after all, both my father and brother probably treated you like trash. and i will admit, i don't know much about ruling a kingdom. because, unfortunately i have never been taught enough. but i do know that nytis has some flaws and i will be addressing them as soon as possible."

the prince placed a hand over his heart, "i may be a little clueless but i promise, that i will do everything i can to make your lives better. that means returning all the gold that's been piling up in the castles back to you all, learning from other friends who have more experience in ruling," the prince shot a quick look at soonyoung, "and of course, taking down that hideous wall or at least giving everyone the freedom of mobility."

grinning at everyone below, he continued. "i'd like to emphasize that i am not the one who holds the most power here. in reality, it's all of you. so if you have any concerns about.. anything, please come and talk to me about it and i'll try my best to support you."

"things might be a little messy right now but that's okay. we'll sort everything out and start fresh, right from square one. we might have to take those baby steps again but that's fine because i know, with all of you, nytis will accomplish great things."

"how was my speech?" kitae grinned looking around at everyone. it has been three days since dongyun's unsuccessful coronation and the castle was constantly filled with injured people moving in and out of the gates. the crew sat on the floors of the kitchen since kitae insisted on one last meeting before the group "disbanded".

"uh... hi, what's my name again?" junhui snickered, doing a poor imitation of the king's voice. the guard teetered back and forth on a chair and grinned as kitae stared at him unhappily, "all jokes aside though... it could've been worse."

"at least you didn't actually forget your name," chan chimed in, making everyone else chuckle. the younger's mood has boosted considerably as soon as jihoon was back with him and seungcheol. it was as if jihoon was his magic happy pill.

"but that's definitely possible since it is kitae we're talking about," added mei. crossing his arms over his chest, kitae sighed.

"guys, i had this whole serious meeting planned and now you all are ruining it..."

jihoon smiled and took this as his opportunity to annoy the young man once again. "my deepest apologies, your majesty."

kitae rolled his eyes, "moving on now... i'd like to inform all of you that the majority of the tax money has been returned back to the citizens. a small amount of it went to orphanages and those living in the slums. next up, dongyun-