vingt

nytis

"finally you two decided to come in." jeonghan commented from behind the counter. "i was getting bored here." soonyoung flashed jeonghan a nervous smile making him finally notice the fancy hair and outfit.

"oh? you two going on a date?" he smirked from behind the counter, "you can steal him for the day of that's what you're wondering." jihoon's face bloomed red as he glared at jeonghan.

"shut it." jihoon hissed.

soonyoung chuckled weakly. "unfortunately, no." this simple comment caused jihoon's heart to beat erratically. there's definitely something wrong with me, he thought.

"i'm actually here for.." he shot jihoon a look and nudged him. tell jeonghan why i'm here!

"he's all dressed up today because he wants to work at the bakery." looking at jeonghan's expression, he could already tell that the man was beyond happy to hear those words.

"ji... he wants to work at my bakery?" blinking his eyes, jeonghan wasn't sure if he heard correctly.

"that's right.. mr jeonghan." soonyoung responded seriously.

both bakers snorted at soonyoung's words. "mr jeonghan?" jihoon questioned, amusement evident on his face. jeonghan paid no mind to jihoon's comment.

"well aren't you just adorable." jeonghan cooed. "but drop that 'mr'. it makes me sound old. ji, you should learn a thing or two from him. look how polite soonyoung is. i bet that he would never tell me to shut up like you do."

already hating where this was going, jihoon only grumbled some incomprehensible things under his breath.

"anyways... you have no idea how much i want to hire you! i've been nagging jihoon for the longest time to try and convince you to work here.. and now you finally are!" jeonghan wiped away an imaginary tear. "this is a dream come true."

"wait.. so i'm hired?"

"yup." jeonghan grinned.

"no interview.. no papers.. no test?"

"no-mmpf!" jihoon took this as his chance and quickly covered jeonghan's mouth.

"a-actually, jeonghan made a mistake, he must be getting old. there is a test, a baking test." jeonghan raised a brow and stared at jihoon, oh, so that's what he's trying to do. fine, it doesn't matter. i'm hiring soonyoung even if he can't bake.

jeonghan pushed the hand off his mouth. "okay jihoon, why don't you tell soonyoung about the test?" he said, playing along.

"one of us chooses a recipe and you have to bake it. we get to judge if you pass or not." jihoon nodded, satisfied with the idea he made up on the spot.

laughing at soonyoung's facial expression, jeonghan unlocked the side door. "come on in soonyoung, i appreciate you dressing up but by the end of this i guarantee that you'll be covered in flour."

"hey what were those things that soonyoung first bought when he came here? it was those puff pastry lemon knots right?" jihoon nodded. "those aren't super difficult, i think soonyoung could manage." jeonghan leafed through folders before finding the recipe. "what do you think ji?"

jihoon wanted to protest and find one of the most difficult recipes for soonyoung but ended up nodding along to jeonghan's idea. "yeah.. that's good i guess." he mumbled.

"great!" holding the recipe the two bakers walked out the back room only to find soonyoung fiddling with the oven. "i suggest you don't touch that unless you want the shop to burn down." jeonghan chuckled, pulling soonyoung away from the oven.