sept

nytis

"step away from my horse." the boy glared menacingly at soonyoung who had no choice but to back up as far as he could. "how did you get in the royal stables? are you trying to steal my animals?" now soonyoung was glad that there was a horse between them. if not, the other boy would've probably impaled him with the pitchfork.

"royal stables? i swear i have no idea what i'm doing or where i am." soonyoung replied honestly. the boy didn't put down his weapon but he softened his glare.

"what do you mean? how can someone get in here without actually knowing where they're going?"

"i was just sleeping in some hay and this is where i ended up."

the boy slowly lowered his weapon after seeing that soonyoung was just as confused as he was but he still didn't quite believe soonyoung's story. "how do i know you're not lying and that you want to take my horse?"

"you think i would take your horse? no offence but i don't find horses cool enough to steal. and even if i tried to, this guy would probably end up kicking me in the face." soonyoung said, pointing at the horse laying on the ground. the tall boy placed the pitchfork against the wall and bent down by the horse.

"it's a she." the boy said quickly. he then proceeded to pet the horse's nose, easily getting the animal to stand up and move out of the way. "come out of there." he said motioning at soonyoung. glad that he could finally leave, soonyoung gave the horse a pat before walking out the stable.

up close, soonyoung noticed the other boy was quite a bit taller than him and had an unexpectedly handsome face. clearing his throat, the prince asked, "who are you and where am i again?"

the boy closed the door of the stable and turned to soonyoung. "my name is kim mingyu, i work at the castle and take care of the animals. we're in the royal stables right now." mingyu crossed his arms and looked at soonyoung, "who are you? and how did you get here."

"kwon soonyoung-

soonyoung stopped. shit, he shouldn't have told mingyu his name. what if the boy recognized him as a prince? the last thing he wanted was everybody knowing that he was roaming around outside of his kingdom. thankfully, all mingyu did was tilt his head, confused why soonyoung suddenly stopped talking. "and?" mingyu asked, expectantly.

"and like i said before, i was drunk.." speaking of drunk, soonyoung's headache still hadn't disappeared and he just remembered that his head was still pounding. "and i fell asleep in a hay cart which probably explains why i'm here."

"out of everyone who tries to break in a drunk guy actually manages to do it." mingyu muttered.

"where am i?"

"i already told you-

"no, i mean kingdom wise."

"oh. you're in nytis."

of course he was. out of all the places out there he was in the one place that was home to the royal family that hated him the most. "hey mingyu, i know we met under some weird circumstances but can you please, please not send me to jail?" soonyoung clasped his hands together and gave the taller a pleading look.

"sure, whatever." mingyu responded. "as long as you weren't here to hurt or take the animals i don't really care. plus his majesty is kind of annoying and you seem like a decent guy." mingyu motioned for soonyoung to follow and he led soonyoung to a large gate with a lock. "i'm the only one who uses this gate." mingyu said while fishing a key from his pocket, he removed the lock and creaked open the gate. "now get out of here before someone else sees you."

"thanks mingyu," soonyoung clapped the servant on the back before slinking out the gate. "see you around?" he asked from the other side of the metal.

"mm... perhaps." mingyu clicked the lock back on and waved before heading back to the stables.

now alone, soonyoung ruffled his silver hair in frustration. "ahh.. what do i do, what do i do , what do i do.." he looked at the walls surrounding the area and nodded. i'll just get to the wall and climb out. sighing, he started his way to the village below.