trente-deux

nytis

lunch time rolled around quicker than ever. the children playing with seungcheol outside were reluctant to come inside, they were having too much fun fooling around with the man outside.

chan's story time changed to chan's theatre after the boy ran out of stories to read and the children were too busy acting out the story of sleeping beauty to even hear the ring of the lunch bell.

jihoon sat down with his own huddle of children, patiently answering all of their questions and their requests. through all the chattering of the kids, jihoon heard the ringing of the bell. "do you hear that? i think it's time to eat."

the children whined.

"what? we haven't finished our drawings yet.."

"and i want to know what happens next in the story.."

jihoon gently ushered the kids to the dining hall where a long table lined with chairs  sat. "i'm sure that all of you are hungry. we can continue after lunch." the children sighed but couldn't ignore their grumbling stomachs.

"will you join us?" a little boy said, tugging on the hem of jihoon's shirt. "i bet that you're hungry too." smiling, jihoon paused. truthfully, he wasn't planning to join them. clover field only had so much food and jihoon rather his food get divided up to the already thin children.

he watched as more kids started to spill into the room. some tired and panting from running around outside while others still twirled around to their chairs like they were dancing at a ball. "don't worry about me little one," jihoon bent down and patted his hair, "i've got my own food. you won't see me at the table but you will see me after lunch."

the boy released jihoon's shirt from his tiny fist. "okay..." jihoon chuckled at the endearing boy and guided him to his chair. seeing everyone settle down jihoon reunited with chan and seungcheol.

"cute kids but god do they have energy." seungcheol said out, his voice dripping with exhaustion.

"half way through the day and you're already dead." chan laughed, "ji and i knew that this would happen. you should join the kids for nap time in the afternoon." he joked.

a faint smell of food traveled to their noses. "we should probably head out," jihoon said. "we can all afford to skip lunch for today." the two others nodded their head. the three boys stuck against the wall and were just about to creep ou when..

"jihoon! seungcheol! chan!" ryuji placed her hands on either side of her hips. "where do you three think you're going?"

"just out.." chan responded vaguely.

ryuji didn't take it, "planning to skip meals?"

"we have our own food!" seungcheol said quickly. that was a lie.

"we can't possibly take the food from here," jihoon added on, "that's why we're going out."

the old nun was about to just about to speak when dami came in, "jihoon, there's someone at the door looking for you. young man.. silver hair.." she gestured, "if you don't know him, i can tell him to leave."

jihoon raised a brow. he only knew one silver haired person and that was soonyoung. didn't he have work? "thank you for letting me know, i'll go see what he wants." taking this as an opportunity to leave, chan and seungcheol smiled and slinked after jihoon.