seize

tw blood and violence

nytis

"looks like we got lucky tonight boys!" a man whooped out to his friends. the group of men cackled in the dark alleyway and grinned at the pouch of gold held by one of the men.

"that old sap, didn't even bother placing her money somewhere safe!" one said, readjusting his dirty cap of his greasy hair.

"lucky for us, it was like stealing candy from a baby." all of them snickered, moonlight bounced off a man's golden tooth. "let's go hit the bar, yeah?"

the cheers of the small group echoed into the night. "we can get more of those cigarettes too, if you boys want anything just ask. we've got plenty to spend now."

"you're the best boss!" one of the men cackled out. "let's go to the bar!"

"hold up." the man with the cap called out. everyone quieted down. "someone's coming.."

someone was coming indeed. light footsteps clicked on the stone ground, each click getting closer and closer. all the men tensed, wondering who in the right mind would be walking through an ally at night.

maybe it was another criminal like them.

the sound was unbelievably close now. just one more step and the person would be seen... everyone pulled out their rusty knives and grabbed wooden bats...

and then the steps stopped.

it was eerily quiet, all the excitement about going to the bar was long gone and replaced with a sort of fear.

"who's there?" the man holding the bag of gold snarled out.

"boss!" someone hissed, "it might be... him. maybe you shouldn't say that.."

the boss paid no attention to his lackey. "step out of the shadows and show yourself, you coward." he tightened his grip on his knife and moved closer to the sound.

finally, someone did.

the person wore a ratty cloak covering the majority of their body with the hood pulled over his head. as dirty as the cloak was, the men could still discern its original colour in the dim lighting. the colour was red.

a crimson red, red like blood.

the men chuckled, all the previous stress leaving their body. "oh it's just a little peasant."

"look at his ratty red cloak, it's disgusting." someone pointed out.

"perhaps he has some gold on him." another called out.

the cloaked man said nothing but continued to walk forward.

"stealing from a peasant?" gold tooth mocked, "oh, how cruel."

the boss stared at the man who just walked right past him, not even sparing him a glance. he felt rage bubble inside him. grabbing the back of his cloak, he gripped it harshly. "you think we'll let you pass just like that?" the man laughed cruelly. "boys, check him for gold, oh and at the same time pull that cloak off. i want to see his face and hear him-

an icy grip stopped the man in mid sentence. the pale hand of the man grabbed his wrist and pulled it off the dirty cloak. as thin and boney as it looked, the boss still couldn't resist the strength that it held.

"i have to admit, you've got some balls if you can grab-

the man choked out a scream when he heard cracking of bones. he watched as the hooded man bent his wrist back and then proceeded to twist his arm. a sickening noise told everyone that the mysterious man just broke an arm.

the boss' knife clattered to the ground knocking the rest of the men out of shock, they yelled and all crashed forward.

"you little shit, this is our territory!"

"you really do have some balls, you filthy rat!" a man with a shaved head leaped up with a knife in hand.

the man with the red hood said nothing and shoved the boss in front of him, using the man as a human shield. another scream tore out of the boss' throat. his lackey watched in horror as the man in front of him gurgled up blood and then dropped to the dirty ground.

"how dare you! you're not leaving alive!"

standing in place, the hooded man swiftly pulled out a silver knife, twirling it between his pale fingers. his hood lifted up a little revealing thin lips that curved into a smile.

screams of agony and pain filled the night.

wiping his now red blade on one of the fallen man's shirt, he picked up a blood stained pouch full of gold coins. remaining quiet, he put the bag inside his cloak and continued on into the dark.