quarante-neuf

nytis

soonyoung was ten when he first learned that it was dangerous to let your emotions cloud over your rational thoughts. it was on his first hunting trip when he encountered a wolf and thrown off his horse. if it was not for his father, he would've been eaten long ago.

he remembered back at the castle his father looked down at him with disapproval, demanding him why he didn't reach for the weapon that was hanging from his waist. the only thing he could stutter out was that he was too scared to move.

"don't let your emotions get the best of you, son. that will bring you nothing but trouble in this world."

at that time, there was nothing he hated more than disappointing his father. so slowly over time the concept of always being in control of your mind was beat into his very being.

but when jihoon stepped into the equation, everything seemed to change. he still remembered that night when he found jihoon barely conscious with blood on his face in the alleyway like it was yesterday.

he remembered the feeling of freezing up and the feeling of these horrible emotions crash over his mind. that was the first time in so many years when he felt like breaking down, felt like crying.

that was never going to happen again. ever.

soonyoung was so determined to make this night the best night of jihoon's life while concealing his identity at the same time. yet there he was, hand gripping dongyun's wrist and having the feeling of nothing but absolute rage course through every inch of his body.

things were going so well. he and jihoon had plenty of time having fun outside, he finally confessed and most importantly jihoon looked like he was really enjoying himself. the night was so close to being perfect until dongyun decided to step in and ruin everything.

as much as soonyoung wanted to stay with jihoon, when seeing dongyun slowly come closer and closer to the table they were standing by soonyoung had no choice but to leave before he was seen.

blending in with the crowd he watched from a far as the man started striking up a conversation which annoyed him greatly. it pissed him off even more when dongyun insisted on dancing with jihoon when jihoon clearly didn't want to.

inviting a random girl, soonyoung spun off to the dance floor and well, keeping a sharp eye on the two people. his blood boiled seeing him touch jihoon without consent and the look on jihoon's face finally made him see red.

he shook off the girl he was dancing with and pushed through the crowd towards dongyun, ignoring all the murmurs of "rude" and "impolite". he didn't care about anything at that moment. all he was thinking about was ending that disgusting man.

"don't fucking touch him ever again." soonyoung hissed, harshly shoving the man back. soonyoung looked at jihoon and grabbed his arm, "come on jihoon, we need to leave." a little surprised, jihoon nodded quickly and grabbed onto soonyoung's hand.

dongyun could only stare in shock at the silver haired man's face. he couldn't believe it. not once did he ever expect the crown prince of reinwa to be in his kingdom, at his ball. "g-guards! anyone!" he screeched, "do not let those two escape!" at this point everyone at the ball had their attention on the king.

some people stood on the side laughing quietly while watching the action unfold while others actually stood by the doors and grabbed onto the two people preventing them from going any further.