vingt-six

nytis

"hey kitty kitty.." soonyoung whispered in a hushed tone. he crouched behind a tree waving a dried piece of grass at a little grey cat. the cat pawed at the dried grass curiously before starting to naw on the cat toy soonyoung made.

soonyoung lightly wrestled the grass away from the cat, "hungry aren't you little guy?" he looked at the thin grey creature and felt a little sad. the cat sat in front of him, swishing it's long tail in the air as if it was saying, "ok human, now where's the food?"

reaching out and rubbing the creature on the head, soonyoung peered from behind the tree and snickered as he watched jihoon spin around looking for him. only when the cat started to nudge his hand did soonyoung turn his attention back to the animal. "sorry kitty, i don't have anything on me right now."

just as he finished saying those words, a very faint laughter traveled to his ears. the huh, that was strange. the cat seemed to find it strange as well since it immediately stood up and started pacing around. soonyoung peered from behind the tree again to see jihoon nowhere in sight.

he must've gone home then.

soonyoung turned back to the cat who dashed off silently, smiling soonyoung stretched his arms. although his clothing were getting drier, the day was getting and colder. he hopped out from behind the tree and hummed a quiet tune heading back home as well.

however, on the way back he couldn't ignore that uneasy feeling in his gut. maybe it was that laugh or maybe it was how sudden jihoon disappeared, whatever it was, it was throwing him off...

but it never came.

he opened his eyes and looked up, someone else was standing there with a tight grip on kim's arm. a man or even a boy, wearing a red cloak stood in place not uttering a word. call him crazy but jihoon swore there was something eerily familiar about this person.

"who do you think you are huh? this kid is ours." shay barked out. kim however, paled.

"shay," the man said with a slight tremor in his voice. "you've seen the news yeah? didn't an article say something about a man in red." the cloaked person suddenly twisted the criminal's arm back and jihoon heard a sickening crack.

"fuck- kim," the man holding jihoon dropped him and stumbled back. a pathetic whimper escaped his mouth as he started running away on shaky legs. the mysterious person didn't chase after him but instead proceeded to kill the man in his grip.

jihoon stared in shock and watched as the red cloak brutally stabbed the criminal. the boy wanted to run but his legs gave out a long time ago. jihoon didn't want to watch. he felt sick and hearing the sounds of the screams weren't any better.

someone was getting stabbed to death in front of him. someone was getting stabbed to death in front of him. jihoon covered his ears and squeezed his eyes shut as he felt waves of nausea roll over him. so that's how i'm going to die. by getting stabbed over and over again with a knife. i can't believe this. should i consider myself unlucky or lucky to meet the famous killer of nytis?

a cold finger tapped on jihoon's eyelids. once, twice, the boy opened his eyes and was greeted with the red cloaked person. their face was scarily close to jihoon's but even at this distance, jihoon couldn't hear the person's breath.

there was that feeling again.

although only the bottom half of their face was shown jihoon knew who this person was.  "you're- you've b-been watching me." the person said nothing and only tilted their head. a blood covered hand reached out from under the cloak and gently touched jihoon's cheek leaving a splotch of red.